The Visegrád Group Tree (PL, CZ, HU, SK): European Powerhouse

Well what can i say is goodluck with it i hope you will dig something intresting from that archives and made a decent tree.

it’s a difficult decision no matter how you look at it, on the one hand we are wasting the Hungarian tank lines, on the other hand we are acting more realistically what can be added and what will probably stay as it is (subtt of Hungary in Italy) I think that heads or tails will be a good solution

• “Depressed T-72M2 Moderna Noises…”
  • Gaijin really needs to use there brain before adding potential vehicles that could be used in an independent tree as event vehicles.
7 Likes

Interesting tech tree you have here, mind checking out the V4 tech trees that I made with my developers? (currently working on the air tech tree) Ground Forces: Visegrád-Ground Forces, Helicopter forces: Visegrád-Helicopter Forces

3 Likes

It looks good. Feel free to use any vehicles/etc. from this post too.

I’m going to create a section at the bottom of the post and add these two links.

• Edit: I didn’t even know the W-3PL “Głuszec” was a thing, that’s awesome. Pretty soon we can see the AH-64E Guardian as well in there.
2 Likes

There is still some hope for 30mm armed moderna actually. As Smin says, the techtree variant must be different in some way than the marketplace one. For example, difference between techtree Israeli Merkava Mk.2B and US marketplace one is minimal, mainly in an extra machinegun and roof armor on the US variant AFAIK. But now back to Moderna. Some sources state that Moderna was equipped with Polish Bumar type S-1000 engine, and drove over 5000km with it during testing. Having a 1000hp engine instead of 850hp one should be enough of a difference to justify putting late version of the T-72M2 Moderna into researchable part of the Czechoslovak (or Czecho-Polish/Visegrad) techtree.

7 Likes

Hey dude, I’m working on a visegrad tech tree and I would like to implement your idea into it. Would you mind giving a reliable source on the fact that the Moderna used the Bumar engine? We have lots of fans wanting the Moderna to be implemented as a researchable vehicle.

2 Likes

Looks great…tho some vehicles would be better in normal TT then premium. Like CZSK Jarmila II. I want my girl so i can be a rat

Ive read it here: T-72M2 Moderna : Slovakia (SVK)

To directly quote the page:

• According to the available information, company tests were carried out in the range of 5000 km with an engine with a power of 1000HP (approximately 735kW). When used, the tank will have a specific power of about 15.9 kW/t, which is an increase of about 2.5 kW/t compared to the S12U engine

• According to unverified data, tests are currently underway with engines with higher power, such as the Polish concern Bumar type S-1000 (735 kW).

Please note that both of the quoted things were written by two different users, so im not certain the information is 100% correct. The first quoted guy, however, supposedly used official information from Slovak ministry of defence as his source, so he is probably telling the truth. I will try to find a more official source (either by Slovak MOD or company itself) later.

I also remember seeign a photo of Slovak tank with the 1000hp engine equipped (Dont know if it was Moderna or T-72M1-A however) so ill try to find that one too

This is probably true because the Poles liked to offer such engines just like in the case of the PT-91P for Malaysia they put in 1000hp Wola engines.

Found the source the first guy was using.
His information comes from magazine called “ARMÁDA. Mesačník Armády Slovenskej republiky (ARMY. Monthly magazine of the Army of the Slovak Republic)” from july 2000, so the information about instalation and testing of 1000hp engine should be genuine. Engine type isnt specified, but considering that there wasnt many other 1000hp engines put into T-72s at the time, that information should be correct, too.

1 Like

If more information comes about it, might do a suggestion on it to bring attention to the possibility of the vehicle.

T72M2D “Wilk” the precursor of PT-91

Some info:The polish T72M2D “Wilk” tank was equipped only with ERAWA-1 reactive armor, new steel side covers, OBRA-1 laser beam warning system, 2nd generation passive night vision for all crew members and prototype DRAWA FCS, on top of that the tank received a new S-12U engine known to us from PT-91 with 850 HP and WPD-1 Tellur smoke grenade launchers, modifications to the Wilk standard were made on 3 different variants of the T-72 tank, respectively T-72A, T-72M1 and T72M1D. Thanks to the successful acceptance of the project, Poland decided to continue the direction of development of the tank. The Wilk project was closed and the PT-91 Twardy basic tank was created based on its experience

Snail please

1 Like

The one suggestion I have is to Include the 4TP and the Twin Turret 7TP. Maybe also include the 9TP as a Tier 1 premium.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback 🤙 On a side note, the “9TP” is in the tree under the “7TP wz. 39”.

BORSUK IFV with 120mm mortar presented today on MSPO

1 Like

Twin turret 7TP has too weak armament.

1 Like

Polish Defense Updates:
News for NATO’s 3rd Largest Military

• The SA-35, a new Polish anti-air system, features a 35mm autocannon that can use programmable air bursts munitions to target anything from low-flying aircraft to cruise missiles. For ground targets it can load armor piercing rounds. For targeting, it uses a ZGS-35 optoelectronic fire control system with integrated laser rangefinder.
  • Source:

3 Likes

Slovakian Defense Updates:

1 Like

You missed the anti air variant of LOTR Bóbr-3 with 30mm autocannon, 7,62mm machine gun and two Piorun manpads.

6 Likes