The Visegrád Group Tree (PL, CZ, HU, SK): European Powerhouse

Poland plans on procuring 159x indigenous Borsuk IFV’s for its armed forces.

6 Likes

Slovakia’s BOV 8x8 IFV that features the domestic Turra-30 turret with a 30mm GTS-30/N autocannon. This turret is housed on a modified Patria AMV XP.

https://defence-blog.com/slovakia-unveils-first-bov-8x8-fighting-vehicle/?amp

3 Likes

An interesting copy of ISU-152 next to ISU-122 with A-19 gun and ASU-85, from the Polish Arms Museum in Kołobrzeg (having a modified gun mantlet cover).

PS. Yontzee you made a small mistake, Poland and Czechoslovakia used only the IS-2 and IS-2m (wz. 1944), the users of the IS-2M (wz.1957) were the USSR, Cuba.

PS2. Attempts to modernize the armor of Polish T-54s.

And one of the Polish modernizations of the T-55 from the '70s and rearmament with a 105 mm smoothbore gun.

2 Likes

I didn’t see where I made it, can you point out the section? I only see that I put IS-2M as a general term, not year specific.

Edit: I went through again and didn’t see where I specified IS-2M wz. 1957 versus the wz. 1944, just the “IS-2M”as a general phrase with no year specification. No mistake seen.

I will look into incorporating the T-54/T-55 modernizations.

What about “Sopel” i think it would fit well in our beloved V4 tree.

There is plenty of information about it on Polish wiki. There is also information about its prototype modernization.

6 Likes

Do you mean LSPZRA Stalagmit?

We don’t have info on the targeting and observation head it uses.
We only know it’s from Elop.

3 Likes

Same thing with this vehicle. This is T-54 Project S-2
We don’t know the values for the additional armor.

1 Like

In the table in the first post you have a battle rating of 6.3 IS-2 and IS-2M, and it should be IS-2 and IS-2m.

yeah thats why i just pointed that sth like this existed. Talking about the observation and targeting modules im sure that if gajin pleases to add those vehicles they could get those informations from archives such as wargaming did witch their japan HT line

S-2 is the factory marking used by Zakłady Mechaniczne Bumar-Łabędy, abalogous to the Chinese marking WZ-120, i.e. the Type 59 adopted by the Chinese army, i.e. a Chinese licensed copy of the T-54A.

As for the wire mesh covers on the tower, I wouldn’t expect more than 2-2,5 mm. It may be difficult to find data, photos appeared in: Osprey - New Vanguard 102 - T-54 and T-55 Main Battle Tanks 1944 - 2004 and Encyklopedia techniki wojskowej praca zbiorowa, Zenon Mendygrał, Wydawnictwo Ministerstwa Obrony Narodowej but without any detailed information . The search involves mainly two research centers: the Military Institute of Armor and Automotive Technology (WITPiS), which developed the modernization of the Polish T-34-85, and the Research and Development Center of Mechanical Devices (OBRUM), a research center at the Zakłady Mechaniczne Bumar-Łabędy. As we know from the bulletin published by the latter center, he was responsible for the HM-45 project.

1 Like

Sopel is disgusting name. Dont know if it mean same thing in Polish as it does in Czech, but in Czechi it means booger

• With Swiss vehicles coming for Germany, I vote we swap the Polish Leopard 2PL out for the Swiss RUAG Leopard 2A4 upgrade.
  • Not to mention, having Romania getting a little more attention with the Osa-AKM getting added, still think we should swap out the Hungarians for the Romanians and get these nations (V4) consolidated into this tree.
  • I did have a Polish sub-tree suggestion previously on the old forum but I’m going to toss that project out since Germany is getting the Swiss (and didn’t really like the idea of it anyway but it did make sense since the vehicles were, politics aside, very well linked together throughout modern Polish/German history) but it is worth noting that Poland needs another nation regardless for it to be possible in-game.
  • I’m thinking realistically that we’re not going to get Hungary back (it’s possible though) and we’re going to get a Polish/Czechia/Slovakia tree in the future which is fine by me.
    • Do have some unresolved things that need addressed though if the tree only consists of Poland/Czechia/Slovakia:
      • T-72M2 Moderna event vehicle in USSR tree.
      • Czechoslovakian Su-25K in the USSR tree (could just get reflagged).
      • Czechoslovakian Mi-24D in the USSR tree (could also get reflagged).
      • Czechoslovakian Praga PLDvK vz. 53/59-“Ještěrka” in the USSR tree, needs removed/swapped with something else.
    • Every vehicle counts, regardless if the T-72M2 Moderna has an earlier variant.
  • Good news on the Army Aviation and Air Force fronts with Poland acquiring the AH-64E ‘Guardian’ and Slovakia acquiring the AH-1Z ‘Viper’ attack helicopters. Slovakia also has the F-16V Block 70.
  • Another shout out to Slovakia’s new, clean BOV 8x8 IFV:

It looks gooooood.

Other Media

Slovak F-16 landing.

AH-1Z Viper that will be acquired by the Slovakian military.

An AH-64E ‘Guardian’ attack helicopter, the same model that Poland will acquire.

A Polish Rosomak-L infantry fighting vehicle.

A T-72M4CZ in service with the Czech Army.

Polish PT-91 ‘Twardy’ main battle tanks maneuvering.

1 Like

In polish its translates to icicle

1 Like

Have you thought about a new thread and making a tree consisting only of Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia??

Yeah but I was torn whether or not to do so because I think calling the tree Polish Ground Forces Tree with Czechoslovakian sub-tree or something was a bit much. I thought of posting a tree with Hungary removed here.

1 Like

we can do that ourselves. Good luck getting stuff from Polish archives

Im working on Polish tech tree with Epic Blitzkrieg so stay chuned for that. @TADAMAT already made suggestions for both Air and Ground portions of Czechoslovakia.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it! I struggled with it so it’s gonna be cool to see someone else’s iteration.

1 Like

After all, someone merges countries, it’s a much better option to add smaller countries in one big tree, than to fill other nations with them, which don’t get the original designs anyway, just copy and paste

In these cases avoiding copy paste is impossible. Both countries didn’t make their own stuff during WW2 and both license produced T-54’s, T-55 and T-72’s. Not adding them because it’s “copy paste” would be a dumb argument

1 Like