Do you like the audio split?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Will this be an advantage in battle?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

In the update Sons of Attila, one of the features included in the update is the following:

Although that feature isn’t in the game yet (as of the first day of the update’s release, anyway), the first thing that I have thought about is, how is this feature any different from that controversial sound mod from a year or so back that caused Gaijin to momentarily consider banning sound mods altogether?
As it originally was, if you wish to hear the sound of the enemy better, it is a trade-off you have to endure your teammates also drilling into your ears with their own engines and track noises. While inconvenient, it inversely allows the potential to sneak up behind an enemy formation cluster with the other engine noise as cover. By min-maxing this option, a player can simply negate that tactic and frankly have advantageous situational awareness.
And unlike the infamous Ultra Low-Quality not rendering in cover or the console players to have a target lock through terrain, this option can’t be excused as an accessibility setting/feature and therefore has no real reason to exist.

2 Likes

There was slide for your engine and enemy engine for years…

The difference between your engine and other people’s (allies and enemies alike) engine is a lesser issue since even if your engine is silent, you still have to distinguish between allies and enemies. This removes that distinction alone to isolate out the only sound that matters.

Where do you even find that slider ? Can’t seem to find it anywhere…

Maps are getting smaller and smaller, with more obstacles, the sound of the engines can be heard at 400 meters and now you can lower the sound of the allied engines. This game is going straight to becoming the counter strike of tanks, it has already lost everything which could make it a good tank game and more or less realistic in terms of combat between tanks.

1 Like

It’s not currently implemented yet, but it’s probably going to show up under Options and Sound setting, in place of “Other Player’s Engine.”

As long as it doesn’t go down to 0 it should be fine. They should just limit it like they limit “My Engine Volume” and that’s good enough. Since this Update my friendly engine sounds are so loud, they blow my ears out every start of the game and everytime something like the Marder, Centurion, Strv 103 etc. is next to me. So this will help alot.

1 Like