The R-77 'ADDER' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion

And you know tornado launches sparrow differently than for example F15 from rail or even clearance is different from F15C to Tornado one.
That ejection - guidance delay is literally delay between getting clearance and engine start. Aka, it starts maneuvering the moment engine is up and running.

The R-27ET doesn’t lock until below 20km and even then that’s when it can see the afterburner, I still bring them because stealth ETs are insane. Still, ERs are great, even if they go in a defensive maneuver you can just re-lock another target which I’ve done many many times. In fact, I think I changed targets like twice in the video.

No… it doesn’t start manoeuvring instantly, it waits for separation from the launch aircraft, approximately 80ft.

1 Like

It’s pretty weird so far

Spoiler

Spoiler

This text will be hidden

Spoiler

This text will be hidden

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 Like

What is this? Drag simulation?

Yep

1 Like
Spoiler

Spoiler

2 Likes

Pretty good

1 Like

The rudder itself adds very little drag compared to the rocket body. The rocket has 2400N, one rudder 140N

1 Like

Preliminary calculation. The green one is the study of ED on R-27ER, the red one is my research on R-77. However, I made several mistakes in the calculation. So the graph may change

1 Like

İs the total drag less when compared to War Thunder R-77 drag values?

The War Thunder model’s drag is not a simple number visible in datamine, it would need to be calculated as well which is a waste of time for us. Gaijin does not use math to determine such information - rather cares only if it meets certain range and performance criteria outlined in supporting data.

3 Likes

So, gaijin only tries to find some of the variables in the equation, to match some charts, and if these made up numbers give similar results at certain conditions to the data they have, they don’t care if the rest is inaccurate?

that’s how the entirety of the game works if you didn’t realize that by now.

I have realized this sometime ago, it’s the reason why the Su-27 flight model is an abomination I think, from what I understand

1 Like

2 Likes

Much better, what is the airspeed?

5 mach

1 Like

green-Cd body missile
red- Cd grid fins assigned to the reference area
yellow- Cd grid fins related to the total area of the rudder

3 Likes

Can we see the comparison to the R-27 again when you have time to correct it?