The R-77 'ADDER' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion

Maybe there is a translation barrier there so I’ll restate the above.

I am not arguing the R-77-1 doesn’t loft. I’m sure there are people here who know a lot more about that and I’ll defer to them. For the sake of the argument, lets assume the R-77-1 DOES loft.

From what I am seeing above there is zero evidence the R-77 BASE lofts. So my question is, Why, in the absence of evidence of the BASE R-77 lofting, would you assume it does loft?

1 Like

RVV-AE export version of the R-77 (which was to be produced in Kiev) The R-77-1 is an improved version of RVV-AE for its Air Forces

It is obviously exaggerated for effect but has the same logical reasoning as you statement below

Yes, it was logical that R27ER have them right? The R33 is a much older missile than the R27 itself. But guess what, it doesn’t. If you mean something barely a loft https://youtu.be/ZWZDgHPTgDU?si=VXKhHNkj8Pf7GSel compared to https://youtu.be/6JA4kXxc5a4?si=yIA_7yyVfceug6w9. Well, then Aim 7Fs do loft.

Ofc you did, you just cover your ears as you don’t want to hear it as its not in your interest of it lofting

2 Likes

Because the improved version would not have an loft. So he was not tested

Do you know the target parameters for the MiG-31? Then what are you proving?

Here the rocket developer says that the rocket is gaining altitude of 30-40 km and attacking from above and this is confirmed by the test report

And who is it, do i just ask in general?

Su-30 Mod Server for DCS

Ok. Then why doesn’t the R27ER/R loft. They older planes.
In your logic the should be able.

Its it logical the R27s have them?

I meant who? Or just in the general chat

He wasn’t there.This is described in many books and manuals

general or off-topic

Yes, but as you said it is logical.
You cannot just say this for the base R77. As you’ve proven, the R33 indeed does loft but the base R77 remains unproven to loft. R27 manual doesn’t state whether it lofts or not.

We shall wait now

“Along with the main guidance option, special lofted trajectories can be used”

5 Likes

You wouldn’t be able to DM me the whole book, would you? This is the first I’ve heard of lofted R-77’s, and I’m curious to learn more.

1 Like

1 Like

You didn’t models the fins?

Are you trying to get the Cf of the missile?
Also for your initial parameter, judjing on the air density, its close to the sea level?

Maybe not enough ram for rendering the grid fins (yet)