The problem with the JAS 39 Gripen (Includes two Polls)

While I don’t want a Gripen to EVER come to Britain, if it doesn’t come this update Britain will be the only country in game to be without a fourth generation fighter. Because I don’t want it in Britain I vote for JAS39C to go to Sweden, with the JAS39C coming to Britain as a Squadron vehicle/Event.

Squadron vehicle would replace Harrier FRS.1 (We have the same aircraft in the tech tree lol)

Event vehicle, it would come, but have a maximum loadout of 6x 9L to make it worse than the Swedish one.

5 Likes

The best is that Sweden and the UK get the Jas39C, then everyone is happy. Its not gonna be broken OP so I dont unterstand why sweden doesnt get it when UK gets it.

3 Likes

No we need it in the tech tree and squadron vehicles are never the best a tree should offer

3 Likes

I agree. Britain needs it, but so does sweden

No… lord no.
There shouldn’t be a 1.0 - 1.3 BR difference between JAS39A & C.
Especially when Viggen D is already the 11.3 jet.
Gripen with 9Ms is objectively better, especially when it’s one of the greats.

1 Like

You would prefer to have just the one Gripen? I’m confused, why would you not want a better version of the 37D at 0.3 br higher, it gets the great radar, a great platform to use the weapons on, and then following it you can have the C with the NATO standard loadouts where things like HMS matter even more.

At least when I play sweden thats what i was hoping for.

Gripen E can’t come for a long time and will be Sweden’s last jet unless they purchase F-35.
Which means Gripen C is the best Sweden gets.
First half of next year we’ll be deep in 13.0, and having an 11.7 between the two isn’t great.
Gripen A for 12.3 with 9Ms.
Gripen C for 12.7 - 13.0 [likely the latter] getting AMRAAMs.
Gripen E for 13.7 with the IRIS-T armament upgrade.

So yeah, Gripen A should retain 9Ms.
Whether or not Gripen C is added now with 9Ms only, the A should have & retain 9Ms.

LOL! m
The fact you claim Gripen fans are tools… clear provocations.

Well tough. We love the Gripen.
We want it, and nothing you say can stop us.

Everyone can easily see that I have top Sweden air, with a mature ground with ALL 8.7 tanks, working on 9.3, and working on Swedish helicopters. ALL while completing all ten tech trees.

3 Likes

@Fluffy_Bucketles
If you liked Sweden then you wouldn’t attack & provoke its fans for wanting more Swedish vehicles.
You call us tools for wanting Gripen C… pathetic.

You can literally check. Like I did, to find out you’re a Ruski main trying to fuck Sweden’s ability to retaliate to the flanker by arguing we don’t need the C. You can shift goalposts as much as you want, but I’m not going to follow you. You are a pest and quite frankly should create your own thread bitching instead of trying to derail the threads of those who actually give a shit about the situation.

2 Likes

@Fluffy_Bucketles
Dude, stop slandering Sweden fans for once in your life.

Everyone here can see I support Gripen C.
You can’t gaslight us.
Everyone here can check my profile & see I’m not a nation main & never have been.
My first completed tech tree was Japan.

The fact you call Sweden fans “pests” proves your hatred of Sweden.
Stop derailing this thread with your anti-Sweden provocations.

1 Like

You do not give a shit about Sweden. You primarily play Russia, and dabble in America. You have been arguing against the C this update every thread I’ve seen you in, and you’ve been saying the flanker should be improved in game chats. This is the last response you get from me, as Russian trolls are not worth the time it takes to deal with the shifting goal posts.

In short, sod off, or grow a spine and admit your intentions.

2 Likes

@Fluffy_Bucketles
I don’t primarily play anything.
Everyone can look up my statcard and see 10 flags.
6, 7, or 8 of them are in rank 7.

And no, I’ve been arguing for Gripen in every thread you’ve seen me in.
I’ve never commented on Sukhoi needing improvement in my life, nor do I speak about in-game stats in that manner.

The fact you call Americans & Sweden players “Russian trolls” is further proof that you hate Sweden.

All you can do is lie.

There are already other vehicles that can be put in the British TT, and having an SA Gripen is going to be so out of place there. A squadron/event vehicle would be way better.

1 Like

but squadron can be the best plane we have and an event would be terrible to lock it being
Our ground has south African vehicles in places why not air

Maybe because the only reason SA ended up with the Gripen was bribery and money laundering. Whilst Sweden, the nation that built it, is getting fucked.

3 Likes

Ok it not as bad as people make out to sound the difference between the A and C going to be in war thunder is radar and rwr

I don’t mind gaijin add Swedish Gripen C Early with PS-05/A Mk.3 radar in Q1 2024, but secretly hoping SAAF Gripen C might be research tree for british

1 Like

Oh, let’s not forget HMD, Engine efficiency (if not power), pylons, an actually not fake ground ordnance selection, etc, etc.

2 Likes

Engine will be no better in game a the hard points aren’t for missiles i believe the only nice thing is the HMD but if it flight performance is not changed much then it really matter as much