The problem with new minor nation trees

It also says at the very beginning how much the vehicle must differ compared to the T-72 and M-84, but I guess that’s easy to gloss over when you’re tunnelvisioned on a single point :,)
I’m almost surprised you even opened the link

1 Like

Isn’t it just based on the export variant of the T-72A? The T-72M. I may be lost here lol

The M-84 is, the Vihor isn’t

And that point is that it’s a T-72 VARIANT, which your OWN source CONFIRMS.

It isn’t tho.
It uses certain components, but it is an entirely new hull.

1 Like

Here is a great solution from @Blastertitan
Absolutely all his idea, and it may solve a lot of issues between the issues raised and the addition of new tech-trees.

We find ourselves where we are, with the USSR having been a thing and as such impacting many countries which could (should) be added to the game
What could be added for contemporaries, I don’t know, but this allows for recognition of the USSR as it stood and the notable developments of Ukraine, Georgia, maybe Yugoslavia in their own defence industries.

Again, from @Blastertitan.

(Don’t bring up B*nelux)

3 Likes

Yes!
I intended to make an expanded version of this idea as a suggestion with him being quoted as an inspiration.

2 Likes

I was lost then, it’s not a T-72 but get most of it’s genetics from the T-72.

For M-84 it can be said, but M-84A differs 60% in components compared to T-72M.
Vihor even further

M-84 is just a T-72.

1 Like

Ok so is a Sherman Firefly as C&P Sherman?

No, base M-84 differs a bit from T-72M but not greatly, so it can’t be called copy paste.
M-84A is where it gets interesting though.

You complain, yet you still haven’t defined what you consider to be unique.

1 Like

It is, add Czechia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia to those flags and it’s perfect. These larpers should be happy too.
Or will they whine that their Croatia thingybob country didn’t have T-36 or some nitpicky bs like that, a variant of T-34 or so and say that it’s not historically accurate because of that and thus still cry for their copy-paste tree?

You cry about copy paste, but haven’t defined what you consider to be unique, nor did you answer @StormRyder13 question about the Firefly.

You seem to be ignoring questions regarding your viewpoint because you seemingly have none.
You hate for the sake of hating and insult others over having developed and thought out opinions, making your insecurity heard to others so that you may satisfy yourself, but all you achieve is yet another headache and no lessons learned.
I urge you to do better.

1 Like

Differs slightly, playstyle wise exactly the same.

It can be argued for M-84, that I concede.
M-84A though has a significantly more powerful engine and has increased armor, making it practically a faster but slightly worse armored T-72A.

You could reasonably represent most of the Soviet bloc which has merit to their vehicles by combining nations into sub-trees into this split suggestion, if it is so much needed.

Kazakhstan and Georgia were included in that image as they were represented in the Ukraine tree.
They do not have enough to reasonably be independent trees.

Furthermore, I am not sure how much the Czech Republic or Slovakia have traction and will be added compared to the major players like Ukraine which practically was only second to Russia in arms development in the Soviet times and retained that.

On that note, be realistic and quit making these impulsive comments you know are stupid.
Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia?

Be for real.

1 Like

Don’t start with “muh insults”. Look, I made a post here… in fact two and you started with insults right away at my suggestion that those nations should be subtrees. So don’t dare cry victim. Personal attacks ie insults were started by you.

Now about your question of what I consider to be unique, clearly not another T-72 varriant, Sherman, T-34, or Lepard 2 variant. These are unique in the same sense T-72M1 is unique compared T-72B.
For example FCM 36 is unique.

Gaijin completely shot themselves in the foot by making the monetisation of the game so totally biased towards high rank stuff. There are so many cool planes thats are up to about rank 6 that I’d love to have in the game. But they will cost Gaijin as much to create as a rank 7-8 plane yet generate far less profit/grind motivation.

Combine with having to find a tree to put them in and its a real shame.

2 Likes