The Multipath Problem

Ok let me copy the first post of the thread for you:

“Conventional methods of dodging missiles are not fully feasible in a multiplayer game with this kind of 16v16 format in ARB, you cannot perform the 3-9 maneuver against multiple people from multiple angles. Sure, you can say you can turn around, but then this begins a cycle where all gameplay is going in circles until someone hits the other person or runs out of missiles - more likely the latter with good enough play.”

I am aware of the ASRAAM properties.
And you are saying you will enjoy the deckhugging? Remember you said stuff like the gripen is boring gameplay??

Good idea, i hope they buff multipathing through as currently the game has ZERO CONSIDERATION for radar/seeker disrupting ground clutter too, like things as simple as trees and even skyscrapers/other buildings.

4 Likes

you are being so based right now

It will be boring as hell. But will be funny watching the forum as the only 2 nations at top tier are the french and british

With multipath:
You gain altitude, send a radar missile towards enemy, enemy is flying low, your missile eats shit, and then you die to the missile fired up at you.

Without/reduced multipath:
You gain altitude, so does the enemy. You both try to ensure the best launch window with superior speed+altitude → BVR battle ensues. If enemy stays low, he dies.

4 Likes

What happened to the “just notch” argumentation all of a sudden?

That’s part of the “BVR battle ensues”

Again it’s not really fair for planes that don’t have long range IR missiles like most American jets. America will be stuck on AIM-9M/X indefinitely.

1 Like

Just reading this tells me you dont know how to play BVR trucks like the flanker.

In that case, i may surely comment.

Multipath sucks and need to be gone already.

Those who have objection with my stance should prove themselves that had better stat card than mine lol

4 Likes

Alright, so you admit that you don’t die in the current state of the game with multipath. Difference is in scenario 1 you are both closing towards merge afterwards, and in scenario 2 you are probably both going in the opposite directions, cue sinai going in circles image

Thank you.

1 Like

Have you ever got beaten by a mig23 where all they know are staying low until 4km then raise the nose for a R24R shot?
R24R has a very limited range and should not be winning a BVR against let’s say Aim7M to start with. But now cuz of the multipathing that you supported, they beat the sh*t out of you, because you can almost never hit them.
Oh I know what you gonna say, shouldn’t I just turned beaming and braces myself for a dogfight?
Then guess what is the hecking point of BVR? If I have better FOX1 I should get an outright kill or at least gain some major advantages before heading in a dogfight, this is what it should be.
Talking about that, that’s really what the F4S/J are struggling against, they should fair a 50/50 when fighting against Mig23, but now cuz of the multipath, assuming players with the same skill, they would lose every single duel period.

1 Like

“If I have better FOX1 I should get an outright kill”
Enough said lmfao.

2 Likes

Tbh sounds like u were outskilled

1 Like

The problem is, that “BVR” currently requires consent from the other player. He has to consent to the BVR battle, by not abusing ground-hugging meta.

We are talking about RB, how you choose to grief sim where matches play completely different is up to you but don’t force it onto a mode you have no clue about.

• Looks in this thread

• Then I realise why I play low tier

3 Likes

Reading a little shows you this is RB oriented discussion right niw. You are a sim pilot with next to nothing in high tier ARB.