The Multipath Problem

Contribute to the conversation instead of making fun of people you disagree with.

You are currently not contributing, and are not having a discussion. You are painting everyone who disagrees with you as a whiny person who can’t do anything.

Leave if you are going to continue to do this.

Nah, ive tried DCS, beat the game

Im here to enforce my ideology on you now, bow before the almighty AMRAAM

The issue as stated in the post is, as it is now, they can’t separately change it for RB and Sim (although, I don’t see why that can’t change unless they have some major spaghetti code going on).
Sim players make up a very small part of the community, and honestly if you want a better sim experience just go to DCS. War Thunder has always been mediocre with its sim elements and these multipath adjustments don’t change that whatsoever. There are no other alternatives for RB players outside of War Thunder.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Tells ya to cry harder 😂

togif-8

2 Likes

At least with multipathing stock planes and IR-only planes could slip under the radar (literally).

From my perspective I think multipathing was fine- you guys dont have the more complex AB-style maps to hide in, and I viewed it as a good solution. Even with multipathing ARH’s would still be useful imo.

From my perspective multipathing removal will cause a massive imbalance in aircraft, and I think it best to stay for now- especially since Fox-3s are only coming ingame now.

Now aint the time to change it, and it will throw everything out of wack just as we get new missiles, compounding the issue.

4 Likes

Whatever, hes obviously trolling :shrugg:

ooooohhhh, noooo dont report my posts!

awww, my opinion must be invalid because your feelings are hurt :)

oooh wooow
you just did the same thing to me!!!

3 Likes

Snoozing

I would never, I respect the other parties right to be wrong, in public, in front of everyone!

Hes true

As I said. As someone who was forced to play an aircraft that could only fight in BVR against aircraft that dominated in WVR. Mutlipathing sucked. Every fight, every encounter was the same. Fire Skyflash SuperTEMP, watch it lawn dart. F-16 or Mig-29 does a 180, Gun or IR missile and im dead. I couldnt fight back. There was no chance of me ever getting another shot oppotunity.

With aircraft like the Typhoon and Rafale coming Soon™. That role will shift. With multipathing left as it is. Typhoons will just fly at 50ft. Be totally and completely immune to SARH/ARH missiles and then win every WVR fight with ease. We’ve already seen it happen with the Gripen. Its been complained about constantly. Its getting nerfed again this update and we’ve already seen changes like the 100% fake BOL nerfs to nerf it further.

Aircraft fall into 1 of 2 categories. Those that are good in WVR and those that are good in BVR. Those that are good at BVR are currently DOA and often found at BRs lower than they should be. But cannot move up.

Maybe it should change later, instead of now, but it has to change eventually. Might as well rip the band aid of sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

So you want to make anything good at WVR DOA, as if that will fix the issue…?

Yippee or something, you simply flipped the issue on its head and did nothing to solve the actual issue.

1 Like

Why would they be DOA?

Step 1) Turn 90°
Step 2) Drop chaff

There is no step 3. You have just defeated any SARH or ARH missile in the game.

(combine with future ECM systems or Decoys, and the game meta changes)

Should IR missiles be affected by multipathing as well, because its unfair for aircraft without flares?

3 Likes

“As I said. As someone who was forced to play an aircraft that could only fight in BVR against aircraft that dominated in WVR. Mutlipathing sucked. Every fight, every encounter was the same. Fire Skyflash SuperTEMP, watch it lawn dart. F-16 or Mig-29 does a 180, Gun or IR missile and im dead. I couldnt fight back. There was no chance of me ever getting another shot oppotunity.”

This is the same argument people make for stuff like the A-10 and F-104 being severely undertiered.
One plane suffering isn’t justification for making changes that negatively impact the game for the vast majority of players.

I think you forget the aircraft need to actually kill things. At least for IR missiles they dont have the range of ARH’s, so you actually can get in range.

Without multipathing anything with IR-only will simply be dead weight, thats all. There will be no variety in playstyle- hell, much less then now, and thats saying a lot given it isnt exactly good rn.