The MICA EM missile needs to be fixed

No changes to the m2k flight model, mica em, or rdy radar.

They should just add R-77-1 and Aim-120C and keep MICA as is, instead of nerfing MICA

1 Like

Ah yes, because heaven forbid France get their missile accurate without newer kit being added to major nations to try outclass it. Why should a minor nation be allowed an advantage for a short while that will be caught up, that’d just be silly.

Not really that reasonable to add kit that much newer (as I doubt you want the introductory C version of amraam). It is pretty rubbish when you lot (those who can use AMRAAM) can keep receiving new missiles, and this is the first and last we get until meteor, to my knowledge.

4 Likes

I’m just telling, no need to make the mica too good, it should be a bit balanced by the usual gaijin nerfs, unless its russian ofc.

While it would not follow a historical pattern, the MICA NG EM would be a good middle ground between the standard MICA and the Meteor.
Also, France is also getting an AMRAAM platform this patch (although not a French vehicle) so we might have jets with the same kits as other nations.
Despite this small clarification I agree with your points

1 Like

Well, MICA EM will have plenty of options to be buffed with in order to stay relevant. Also, MICA IR is a better BVR weapon than MICA EM, with slightly less range but featuring an IIR seeker so it cannot be flared, and usually “evading” targets will be showing their engine trying to run away, and so the MICA IR is arguably much better at BVR than MICA EM to the point where we’ll likely see people taking all 6x MICA IR loadouts.

The other thing is that MICA EM could be made to perform better with early Rafale even if others got upgraded R-77s and AIM-120s. The better flight performance of Rafale would give the MICA more range, as well as better tracking due to the Rafale’s PESA radar.

I could agree with a proper nerf such as limiting battery of manoeuvrability.

But that’s not what we have right now. As it stands it just fails spectacularly in many scenarios.
The proper way to go about this is to fix it until it reaches its intended level of performance and THEN applying limitations.

This is even more true when you consider the fact pretty much every new ARH missile is currently underperforming due to some combination of bugs and inaccuracies.

What if we leave be some of the bugs affecting MICA EM to nerf it, only to let another missile get fixed and dominate the others ?

It’s better for everyone if everything gets fixed and THEN properly balanced.

4 Likes

The em have already a probleme of energy (in game) so the ir…

1 Like

MICA IR will come later, so we can expect the range issues of the MICA body to be fixed by then.

1 Like

Also, GOD I hope we get another dev server with things like the wobble fixed, because right now it’s just impossible to assess wether it’s properly modeled or not.

1 Like

i’d much rather have the historical 6x missile count on 2k5f

Less missile count, but a bit better than competition

1 Like

IDK about that, to me it seems like fair retribution for having to suffer with fewer inferior missiles for so long on the M2K.
Not to mention the magic 2 is far inferior to MICA in every scenario, so it’s more like a little bonus to combat longevity in the era of ARH.

1 Like

Based on some quick research both the 120c-3 and the MICA were introduced the same year (1996). Outside of improved guidance though, the changes from the B to C3 wouldn’t really be noticed in game as the C5 was the first model with an improved motor.

2 Likes

Here’s some video of the Mica going to ground or following chaffs

1 Like

Was referring to explicitly ARHs. I would expect IR to show up the same time as other nations get advanced IR missiles, or later than that. It is a French system after all.

2 Likes

Just a bit of an update here, haven’t gotten an answer yet to the next questions.

1 Like

There does need to be some kind of clarification because previously we were told that “historical” reports are the ones that will be considered as “suggestions”. And now actual game bugs are being categorized as “suggestions”?

It seems that there’s inconsistencies here. I can understand them marking it as a suggestion back when fox 3s were nowhere close to coming here, however, now that they are in the dev server and coming to live patch soon, it makes no sense to keep these actual bug reports as suggestions.

7 Likes

I’d be curious the logic behind declaring a request to resolve unexpected behaviour a suggestion instead of a bug. Following this logic, they could just shove anything they dislike into this category and never do anything about it because it is a suggestion, not a bug.

2 Likes

Exactly what I’m afraid of. Once patch goes live, I can’t see why it cannot be a bug instead.

Guys, this is Gaijin. Don’t expect logic. They can’t even use 1st grade mathematics and common sense when judging reports.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/jHfnbK4vlZ1Y