The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

The community should fix all tanks. No Americans were asking for 5sec reload, Gaijin is trying to avoid the real buff being its armor.

3 Likes

I feel like that could be possible, I mean if you look at the new Abrams and chally premiums, they are not in their best shape in terms of mobility and firepower. Gaijin will not give you the best experience by buying into top tier. So the only options are prototype or S2 variants with G1 as their round not F1.

If you are talking about premiums, please not be another light tank with stabilizer, especially something that advance like jaguar, we need it in tech tree.

Let the premium, if it ever comes, be the crap version, and let the good one for the tree.
Especially the Jaguar, it can’t be premium, it would be completely undeserved and greedy.

4 Likes

Why have the prototype (MSC) that could serve to bridge the 10.0 -11.7 gap as premium when there’s 2 better options ?

1/ Copy paste the S1 (which is assumed to be a S1T5) and rename it S1RT5 (which are S1T3,S1T4 and S1RT4 rebuild to T5 standard, hence the R of rebuilt) boom you get an easy premium with ZERO investment

2/ the preseries that offers 5 different named tanks (that are visually slightly different from the actual production runs) which could both help bridge the gap AND be used as premium ?

2 Likes

AFAIK, no T3 were converted to RT5, they were mostly transferred into recovery vehicles.

also, the T1 and T2 pre series would pretty much be a copy paste of the current Leclerc. The T1 was the Leclerc used in the Swedish trials, and featured lesser armor and less reliable engine than the T4 and T5 that became the official S1. So see the 4 named T1 as basically what the S1 is in game lol (plus the other reports on hyperbar and all), while the S1 and all Leclerc should preferably have better armor overall

3 Likes

Jaguar and 90 Sagaie should not be premium nor event, as they are used in the French army. VBCI 25mm as well could be a 9.3 IFV. The VBCI 2 T40, having the same armement as the Jaguar and being very similar overall, could be a good premium. And then, as an event/squadron vehicle, the UAE could be a good fit as well. Then some Leclerc prototypes at 10.3-11.0 would be nice to fill the tree.
That’d be my best case scenario for now

2 Likes

You are more knowledgeable about these variants than me so I can see your point and agree with you. Someone with research should be behind these decisions for balance and also further improvements of French

It’s that too strong

5.0 Second reload and the EBRC would have me grinding France again. Gaijin please let me enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Leclerc (All Variants) Model is a Meter too Long

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/iyAUk5DCKIrh

12 Likes

They could add the AMX-10RC with the TML turret as premium and the Vextra 105mm in the tech tree, with the Vextra 120mm after it.

But given the Abrams and Challenger prems, it’ll likely be a Leclerc.

Has anyone suggested the amx e4
Screenshot_20231226_183624

2 Likes

How did they even get the length of the tank wrong lol

Also, keeping track of the different reports I could find about the Leclerc since mid November, updating regularly :

Fixed :
Community Bug Reporting System turret rotation and elevtion speed - fixed
Community Bug Reporting System apfds weight - fixed (No gameplay modification, only Statcard AFAIK)

Rejected :
Community Bug Reporting System coax rounds - refused (game mechanic missing ?)
Community Bug Reporting System armor (because of Swedish and UK trials)
Community Bug Reporting System hull armour no. 2 (in addition to the previous one, Russian source not accepted)
Community Bug Reporting System ufp angle (They don’t accept photographs, understandable, missing one other source)
Community Bug Reporting System armor (Improved report disproving Swedish and UK trials as relevant sources) Rejected again, we are working on year another revision of the report
Community Bug Reporting System - Well, 13 sources including video evidence are not enough. Great…
Community Bug Reporting System azur naming (should be named AZUR 2006 as there exist another AZUR kit from 2011). Rejected for whatever reason, but very low priority report

In Limbo (acknowledged or not)
Community Bug Reporting System smoke duration and diameter (its currently standardised in game so not much hope on this for now)
Community Bug Reporting System smokes (give more smoke launches to the tank)
Community Bug Reporting System he round missing (would be highly appreciate to overpressure Russian roofs)
Community Bug Reporting System top speed (minor improvement of 1kph)
Community Bug Reporting System azur lws (already physically modelled lol)
Community Bug Reporting System side armor (against 30mm)
Community Bug Reporting System carc / cce (French standard camo)
Community Bug Reporting System missing hyperbar (should make the Leclerc as manoeuvrable as the ZTZ99)
Community Bug Reporting System spall liners
Community Bug Reporting System side armour (could resist 30mm auto cannons and RPG7 while keeping the crew intact)
Community Bug Reporting System S21 wrong thermals (Comparing the specs to other ig gen 3 thermals, S21 sights should be gen 3)
Community Bug Reporting System azur thermals (Same as SXXI but for gunner of the AZUR)
Community Bug Reporting System incorrect model (Leclerc should be shorter than even the T80U, and yet is almost the length of the Leo 2)
Community Bug Reporting System Continuous mod for the MG instead of the 150 belts

14 Likes

Afte the manpads devblog.Why you guys just dont create a bugreport how you believe that Leclerc has better armor,asume that it should have better reload and think mobility should be boosted 🤭

1 Like

One more who says the thermal baths thank you yes France is considered with everything you show thanks you

@Bossman919 @DirectSupport

Spoiler

T-90S vs Leclerc vs Leopard.
Length seems to be done via fuel tank attachments attached.

Type 10 vs Leclerc:

Spoiler

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how its done its done IRL. The Leclerc has one less roadwheel than the Leopard so it should be rather significantly shorter. I think the T-72/ T-90 is also incorrect.

This will require more investigation for a different bug report.
I can supply Type 90, Type 10, Leclerc, Leopard 2A5/6, T-90S, T-90A, T-80B, Challenger 2, T-72, Abrams, Type 96, Ariete P, and Merkava 3 for more comparisons as we investigate dimensions.

2 Likes