The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

I don’t feel like we should drop everything about the armor, their point is just dumb.

i mean smin is just a messenger but this stuff is so hard to communicate that it doesn’t really matter to try at times

no but they wont even change the azur to composite and that tells me plenty about what they think about armor reports

Gaijin when it comes to modelling or fixing Russian tanks armor:Russian sources are more then enough.

Gaijin when it comes to nerfing Nato Vehicles:A document from 30 years ago and Russian sources are enough.

Gaijin when it comes to buffing Nato vehicles:Russian sources or old documents are not enough, Gib classified documents or keep dreaming.

4 Likes

The problem is that we’re getting the same bullshit on all fronts. I’m getting to the point where anyone under the Gaijin umbrella should be considered as unable to manage game development.

1 Like

6 Likes

The weight difference between the prototypes Leclercs (53-54t) from the production serie (56-57t) is simply too small to sustain this argument. Look at the Strv 122A (62.5t) with 3t of extra weight over the Leopard 2A5 and 7.3t over late 2A4s (55t).

And we know that most of that weight increased went to the turret in the form of titanium inserts. The point is, even under the best assumption the tank is going to have lower KE protection (<700mm) than it’s peers.

Wooooo yeah baby

1 Like

As far as I know, Titanium inserts are only on the SXXI and they do no increase (significantly) the weight of the Leclerc because this additional weight was reduced on the side armor of the turret.

Let’s celebrate that they finally did the bare minimum. But with how they’re position is becoming dead set to refuse anything else the Leclerc will still be in a bad state.

2 Likes

İ feel like this situation is kinda similiar to Strv122’s main ammo situation.

They refused to add M/95 until one point they realized they cant deny what was coming.

Maybe Leclerc family will recieve armor buff in next 2 years but lets not keep our hopes high.

1 Like

650-700mm would still be an incredible improvement over what we currently have.

2 Likes

It’s already been unplayable since 2 years ago

3 Likes

Woah. A fix after 3 years ! See you in 3 years for the next one lol.
Considering there are over 10 active bug reports regarding the Leclercs, it means we’ll have it fixed in about 30 years …
Worse thing is that most of them are a 1 minute modification away.

5 Likes

I hope new APFSDS add to LECLERC in 2.33.0.20

1 Like

Am I looking at these graphs wrong? Wouldn’t the Swedish trials confirm our estimates of 650 - 700mm KE and 1100 - 1200mm CE?
There’s an area of 700mm and 1200mm CE under the gunner sight…

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting any of the report to be implemented this patch, but no spall liners is so fucking bullshit I went from being willing to pay to unlock the Mirage 4000 & buying a talisman to dropping WT altogether to play Like a Dragon games instead.

Seriously, the Leclerc is the tank that needs it the most due to the Nitroglycerin-filled fuel tank (also applies to the Type 10, which also didn’t get it)

If it’s integrated in the armor composition then you know it’s classified info and we can’t give you that.
Just implement it like it is on the Leo and be done with it.

And before you say “iT’s NoT sUfFiCiEnT iNfO”:

• All MBTs with liners have a similar coverage because Kevlar, Teflon, etc… weights is essentially nothing on vehicles that weight 50+ tons, so there’s no reason to not cover the crew compartment with it.

• When gaijin decided to implement modern vehicles still classified, they made a conscious decision that the armor of these vehicles would be approximate and based on guesswork. The community has already done gaijin’s work (for free) by proving that the Leclerc has spall liners, now it’s up to them to do their damn job.
    Guessing another part of the armor isn’t going to break shit, and gaijin has already crossed that bridge of their own volition a long time ago

This is fucking disgusting. No matter what we do, they’ll never accept ANYTHING to change the armor. Even if we somehow got classified info, they would just go “classified info, can’t use it lol should’ve been playing Russia lmao”
It really shows that even if we play by gaijin’s rules they just don’t care.
And it’s not limited to the Leclerc, the 2a7 is missing D tech and its additional armor is worse than the Strv 122 from the 90s, Abrams missing their DU insert, the armor issues with the Type 10, Challengers and Merkavas… I feel we’re reaching a boiling point , and it might happen sooner than they think.

And they’ll be all surprisedpikachu.meme when their next controversy will result in another review bomb. The blatant disdain and disrespect of the player base is fueling the mistrust and annoyance towards them (without excusing or justifying doxing and threats however)

Not only are we doing it for free, we’re even spending our own money to procure documents to try and get them to fix their errors, and they still don’t give a shit.

Gaijin can be pretty disrespectful and abusive towards players, sometimes I feel like I have battered wife syndrome trying to deal with them. Easily one of the worst developer I’ve had the displeasure to deal with.
There are thousands of devs who would grateful to have a playerbase as invested as WT’s in making their game a better product. Meanwhile all we get is a complete lack of fucks given.

Should’ve pinged me on Discord man, I’d have sent you my GIAT brochure supporting it.

14 Likes

Why Leclercs get overpressured so easily? I shot a few Leclercs mantlet with M1A1 AIM’s HEAT round and everytime it overpressured the Leclercs. Seems like Leclercs have even weaker armor than some light tanks.

1 Like

Overpressure is just generally wacky.

I haven’t been able to overpressure any other top tier mbt apart from the french and japanese ones

I know you can overpressure T series with China HEAT, shooting to the turret close to the hull.