The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Gazelles too

As if the Gazelles weren’t bad enough 🙄

Maybe I’m completely biased but on the test drive, I felt the OFL a bit better and more reliable, even if it’s, you know, just the test drive (with the Abrams HEATFS I needed two shots most of the time for each tank lol).
Also, they changed the camera positioning on the Tiger helis. Now it’s apparently where it should be.

-Gaijin when they need to nerf french stuff “do it the second they acknowledge the problem”
-Also Gaijin when there are tons of proof about french vehicles performing badly “yeah it will take 2 to 3 years tp fix it”

3 Likes

they changed the position of the viewing camera but not of the tracking camera, meaning you still can’t fire hellfires with the body undercover

1 Like

Just curious, since spall liners are now on T90m, does any version of Leclerc has access to it IRL?

1 Like

All nato tanks have it at some degree

1 Like

OMG

5 Likes

gAMe BAlANce

9 Likes

It’s not limited to the OFLF1, even DM53 can’t do shit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/18daqty/t90_side_armor_western_frontal_armor/

But the russian mains assured us that the T-90M wasn’t really going to be any better than the T-72B3, surely they wouldn’t lie to us would they? /S

1 Like

Take in mind that armor is bugged on everything, included 2A4’s

1 Like

Apparently, the seem to be working on adding anti spall to other vehicles. I think we can somewhat expect 40mm antispall armor for all MBTs that have them.
A bit annoying that they only start implementing this kind of stuff when Russian vehicles have them, but hey, better later than never

I don’t have access to the dev server so I’ll take your word for it, but I can’t help but notice that when the AZUR and PSO were added to the dev server they add paper armor (and in the case of the AZUR it didn’t really change), but when a new russian MBT is added its default state is “it’s nigh unkillable”.

Given all the example of Russian bias we have in this game, I just can’t see this as a coincidence.
The fact that they’re adding spall liners to the game only once there’s a russian tank that can benefit from it while plenty of NATO tank had them for years IRL but gaijing couldn’t be bothered to implement it in game is a blatant example of this.

5 Likes

Leclerc have spall liner? I’m really curious about this.

How is it possible that the Abrams UFP which is 38mm @ 80 degrees is 10 times more effective than the LeClerc UFP which is a composite armor block angled at 74 degrees? That’s only 6 degrees less but MUCH thicker.

Attached image isn’t fully accurate because the rear cube doesn’t actually encompass the entire UFP but still.

8 Likes

There are 2 reports coming soonTM that should address this issue, will keep you updated. That also has to do with the angle of the hull

5 Likes

I see. I would like to be updated.

Personally I do not play France and China is the only nation I really dabble in - but even I noticed that this seems extremely off. I hope the LeClerc gets buffed appropriately as it is a shame for it to be in its current state. (And for so very long). For such a pretty tank.

1 Like

There’s still time since we’re just getting into the dev season. But I wouldn’t hold your breath, after playing France long enough you always expect the bare minimum at best.

2 Likes

Rant On :

when a 50T tank side armor is stronger than most 60+T tanks frontal armor

I know it’s dev server, but let’s face it, some amount of BS will still be left once it goes live.
Meanwhile the NATO bug reports all get closed by you-know-who before even being seen by the devs

NGL it seems the balancing issues and bug reporting is better handled in the air department

Rant Off.

4 Likes

Leclerc ( All Variants ) wrong UFP angle // Gaijin.net // Issues this is a big one if implemented.

6 Likes

do you know if leclercs have spall liner?