The Ki-102 Otsu

I don’t think so tbh. Also at least someone should remake them, worst case scenario they delete it saying “already reported”

I could remake it tbh, I was really waiting to see what happened to the current one before I did anything

1 Like

So I did a new report about the lack of bombs and it was already handled.
Strangely enough lacking ordnance issues are handled as suggestions.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/27GToLLayII7

4 Likes

It’s been like that years now. It’s due to how ordnance load outs can affect BR.

It doesn’t have an internal bomb bay?

Honestly when i looked into Ki-102 topic i did not found any mention of AP shell used, seemed japs used HE only cannon against soft targets like trops, trucks and other unarmored objects.

As for bombs, Ki-102 could mount Ki-148 missile or 4 x 50kg or 100kg bomb or 2 x 250kg bomb or 1 x 500kg bomb or 1 x 800kg bomb
All ordnance was mounted directly under the fuselage, slightly behind cockpit, no bomb was wing mounted.

6 Likes

No, bombs were mounted externally.

1 Like

Ammunition types simply aren’t mentioned in all sources. Only books which mention such things are about numbers and statistics or go deeper into few specific planes.
Fortunately this AP round is mentioned in an intelligence report as well.
Just ignore that “Semi. A.P.” as all fused HE rounds are mistranslated like that.

3 Likes

I’ve seen mention of the AP round as well, but in terms of schematics I’ve only been able to find this, which is an HE round

2 Likes

Just note, this was implemented. Community Bug Reporting System
Mine was not.

Not yet ;)

Also you did kinda the same with the Pz IV J :) :P

No, the J did kind of have more of a historic background, or at least based on Hilary doiles saying.

I assume you mean, that the Pz III will also get 14°/sec in the future some day, with “Not yet”?
Idk, hope is there, but low.

To be fair how are they supposed to give the shell more filler based on no data available?

1 Like

There’s an image, and physics do exist.

1 Like

Physics? In my somewhat realistic video game? Nonono. Heresy.

2 Likes

It’s also somewhat self-explantory.

The 57mm Type 90 cartridge was the base for the Ho-401, however it lacks velocity to be effective.
The 57mm HE round weighs 2.36kg while the round for the Ho-401 just 1.47kg

It’s slightly shorter but the weight difference can only be explained by having a larger explosive cavity, thus reducing the weight of the shell.

The 57mm HE has 250g TNT as main charge but a very large 40g Picric Acid booster which makes up a large section of the round. It’s 181mm long while the Ho-401 is only 163mm, without fuzes.
However the Ho-401 HE would easily fit 250g TNT in the shorter body when we make up for the reduced lenght by excluding the 40g booster of the Type 90 HE.

Which leaves us with a round that can fit 250g TNT but must contain more due to it’s low weight.

Neither makes it sense to exclude the 40g booster from the Type 90 HE, nor to have the Ho-401 have a mere 250g filler, copy pasted from the Type 90.

5 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Wuz2itJSYKkQ

submitted by @Teh0

4 Likes

I’d really like to know where those side plates came from. They must be from some Western source. The other faults seem like they could be caused by translation errors and such.

4 Likes

Hopefully we can get the proper engine armor too, as well as the missing armor plates.

Also, how come a lot of your bug reports nerf Japanese aircraft protection. I know it’s historically accurate but knowing how Gaijin treats Japan…! (╥﹏╥)

2 Likes

So… any type of sauce source?

2 Likes