The game graphics need to be upgraded

I dont even think I have a graphics card…

dies in 256gb of storage

2 Likes

Which is insane anyways, 1080p has been a thing forever, you can’t cripple a game because people are using technology from two decades ago.

Nobody out there is making games considering that guy on a 2005 PC getting 20 FPS on ULQ and 480p resolution.

7 Likes

Damn, you told them the truth and now they will start throwing rocks at you

1 Like

The game is crippled because people are able to play on lower graphics settings?

I guess its all over then.

9 Likes

Gaijn (Quite reasonably), wants to make the game as accessible to people as possible.

Hell, the only reason I am even able to play is because of ULQ- now tell me, why would Gaijn decide to just kick off a portion of its playerbase?

2 Likes

Instead of forcing high graphics settings they should instead focus on making the lower quality settings give no advantage. you can make textures look good/bad but take up the exact same area of the screen thus making the setting give no advantage.

that way you don’t alienate a large player base (and thus lose out on possible income) and still allow players to play with whatever hardware they can afford without gaining/losing in game advantages.

11 Likes

Losing*

Sorry, force of habit

1 Like

The Developers do update the Game / Graphics Engine from time to time, there have been at least 2 Game / Graphics Engine updates in the past as it is, and we are currently on Dagor 6.5

And not to mentioned Graphics updates in content update and or other patches in between

As I mentioned, we are sitting on Dagor 6.5, which means there are bound to be more Graphic Engine updates to keep War Thunder up to current gaming standards

And yes, Developers wants to include as many players as much as possible… but, the Developers also update their minimum gaming standards as well, in fact I think my 1070 Ti… is now on the minimum standards… so I really need to think about updating my machine at some point :P

13 Likes

One of the major things is grass and shadows, which basically have to be cut out for ULQ. (Big source of lag for low-end PCs.)

So this wouldnt really work.

Ryzen 5 2600 + AMD RX 580, 16 GB RAM here, playing on 2560x1080 with stable 60 FPS on high details settings…
What exactly do you call a “decent PC”…???

Dont worry, as we have been told above, just get a zero hour contract as a dishwasher and you’ll have a 40 series in no time.

5 Likes

Basically what you have there is decent, 16gb ram, 6 core hyperthreaded CPU, a decent GPU with 8gb vram. That is a decent gaming rig. Not everyone can afford something like that.

2 Likes

This is on the highest video settings with everything maxed out (not using the High-Resolution Pack) on an RTX 3060 12GB.

Do you see the blurry water?
Imgur

Now, at approximately 200 meters away, the game looks like it’s being played on ULQ.
Imgur

The graphics up close are okayish at best for modern standards. I don’t mind them and find them good enough for me, but saying they are beautiful is just wrong.

1 Like

Good, you did your homework. Now a second task:
How old these parts are and how much they cost? Hint: they’re old and cheap…

2 Likes

Is that Test Drive ? you will need to compare things while in a match, I think even a custom match should be fine too

The issue is that there are somethings that are limited in Test Drive compared to in a match / game mode if I recall correctly…

And there are some settings to improve things like the distance for the grass… that alone tho can increase loads on the PC

Yeah, and I suspect we will see them slowly pushed out. Its good that they still have this support, though, and it definitely lets me play WT myself. (Only 8GB ram moment)

A lot of people also discount that having a bad monitor makes it a lot harder to see things in RB (its actually one of the reasons I play AB)

WT being so accessible to low-end hardware is amazing, and the ability to customize your graphics settings to how you want to play is something I will always want to have in WT.

1 Like

Idk man,i have 8GB RAM,i5 i think 7 series,1060,all laptop,cant get stable 60 fps when there is some action ig even at low. And in naval the fps gets down to 5-10 even on ULQ when ships start firing AA.

Lucky, I have like an i3…

Desktop i3 might even be better than laptop i5 tbh

Its uh
A laptop…
p a i n