With the latest update to the mode, the following changes are described:
These are 3 changes that DIRECTLY contradict community feedback around the strength and focus on SHORAD and SAM systems within NE, many of us feel like the various systems detract from the mode as they appear as overly buffed, intelligent and highly unpredictable, even at the upper echelon with modern ARMs and defensive suites…
The near constant presence of lethal AI SAMs alongside other players running A2A loadouts and the layout of the map (still not particularly asymmetric) have turned a game mode that everyone agrees has a lot of promise, and could act as a successor to Air, into one that people avoid due to poor balancing choices.
So i ask, what is the goal of making the AI component of this mode more oppressive and less dynamic, why would you seek to ignore clear community sentiment around the strength of AI, and finally why do you choose to counteract these comments from concerned fans of the game mode?
Feel free to dispute or agree in the replies, I’m curious to see how people feel about these latest changes and the direction of the mode as a whole.
AI is fine, I only have problems with it being too predictable. All convoys are obvious and consist of a specific set of vehicles. No variations, no strela/shilka instead of tunguska because “it is what was found in storage” or something. No tank or bmp variations, no cool “airborne convoys” of 2s25, strelas and bmds or something like that.
Its too predictable. And also because of that you always have to face the same exact spaa model. I want to sometimes face much easier ones as a variation. So like, I get near the target, I look at what it is and I engage appropriately…
Gaijin is aiming for just one goal in this mode: keeping player rewards as low as possible. This is their top priority, no matter the cost. It is absolutely forbidden for even the smallest percentage of the playerbase to earn beyond the limits tolerated by Gaijin and swim in massive amounts of SL and RP.