When Gajin introduces introduced free “try” vehicles it was a fun concept to allow players to have an extra try on the lineup they currently posses. The problem I’m now seeing is that any premium player in War Thunder can simply buy a top tier tank and get access to not just another top tier vehicle (Some stock are still very good) but a top tier spaa as well.
You might as why is that a problem?
The problem with tanks is not as big of an issue as SPAA. When a player buys a top tier tank it defeats the propose of grinding for a particular branch such as the SPAA branch. And most, if not all, top tier SPAA are good stock right off the bat. There is no ammunition compromise, there is no SP compromise, and there is no grinding compromise.
I believe just like every other player a premium player from a tank should only have access to the arsenal they have within their tech tree.
For example, if my highest tank is is BR 8.3 in the tech tree.
The only free vehicles even at top tier premium should be PGZ09, EZ305 or PGZ04. This also includes that tank BR high or low equivalent.
This also discourages players from grinding other branches within the tree simply because they purchased a premium tank. Lets take the example below at Rank VII China here:
If I want to unlock Rank VIII tank, because I purchased a premium tank the 5 count is dropped to 4 meaning I will only need 4 tanks to get top tier now.
There is now also no incentive to work on any SPAA because I will get a free spaa equivalent to my premium tank as opposed to the grind.
The possible solutions I can think of?:
-
Make the free vehicles equivalent to their highest tech tree counterpart. If their tank is 9.0 and SPAA is 3.0 then they will get whatever is the next thing to try based off that. It allows premium players to get their tank without the benefits of not having to grind everything else.
-
Remove the system entirely.
-
Start selling premium spaas
-
Offer daily limits to free vehicles limited to 3 games per day. After a player has played 3 games free vehicles are no longer supplied. The player already gets 5 free backups and non stop free top tier spaa.
-
Limit this free vehicles to premium time players only.




