The current state of the Namer and how it could improve

So prime example is this. A one off prototype. The hull was fitted the APS multiple times but never was with the turret installed.

But on the other hand you have vehicles like the Zestorer 45, Ostwind 2, F-5C, Yak-141, F-16A ADF (IT) and many more that received things that were never mounted on them but were still able to carry them. This just makes no sense, why would those be able to get something they never did but the Namer can’t

(the Namer IFV did end up carrying Trophy APS mounted on a redesigned turret which means that it was originally planned to carry the Trophy APS regardless, the chassis was just not fitted with it since there was no need because it wouldn’t see combat)

25 Likes

What did the italian f16 do?

2 Likes

Hull with APS:

Spoiler

Hull with Turret:

Spoiler

Hull with Redesigned Turret + Trophy:

Spoiler

13 Likes

It got the AIM-7F while italy never used AIM-7F. They only used the AIM-120 on the ADF

5 Likes

gaijin stuff, doing whatever they want

3 Likes

It’s just so sad to watch…

1 Like

And this is the version that will likely also be added to the game at a later date.

But the RCWS-30 turret is pretty awesome looking, so its definitely worth seeing the one we’re getting as well.

4 Likes

Especially because of how weak the vehicle already is, only two missiles and only 200 rounds of ammo while being at the same BR as the Freccia that carries 8 missiles and has a 25mm autocannon with over twice the firerate and twice the amount of ammo.

Not to mention its horrible mobility. 61 tons? How does that make sense? It has no turret how could it be 61 tons? All it has is an unmanned RCWS how does that weigh over 10 tons?

3 Likes

61 tons

65.5 tons

Because totally the turret only weighs 5.5 tons since all the composite is made of aerosol!

27 Likes

there is little info about the RCWS-30, but im pretty sure it can be reloaded and the namer has more than enough space for at least 400 rounds more and 2 more spikes, its just annoying, not to mention the armor values on dev… they leave well, much to think about

4 Likes

Oh yeah there is nothing preventing it from carrying more missiles and ammo in the hull. It’s such a weird decision not to give it more ammo or missiles especially because it’s just a prototype and gaijin tends to go all out with prototype vehicles

1 Like

Even the Pandur that uses the same weapon station has additional 350 rounds in the Hull

4 Likes

I really hope gaijin fixes the additional ammo, and armor values, cuz the current armor on namer is simply so bad

2 Likes

For the love of god just give the Namer like a total of 8 SPIKE and 1-2 reloads for the autocannon. It’s not going to hurt the game. Else you just have all that empty space for nothing. Might as well fill it with ammo and also making it a weakspot technically in the rear. Two birds with one stone.

If it is required, move it up in BR then. I want this thing to be a proper support vehicle for top tier. Not just “a light tank”.

11 Likes

At a BR where you have nothing else to use other than the already overtiered Chaparral

Plus if it was at a higher BR it would greatly benefit from the APS as a modification

1 Like

i honestly agree, hell, namer is a pretty chunky ifv that can take if not mistaken up to 8 people, let say 200 rounds take the spot for 4 people, that would be 400 more rounds, and the other 4 can be 2 extra spikes.

2 Likes

Absolutely, I don’t think the APS is too much to worry about but it’s definitely something to make it more unique. All I want is the armor and ammo to be increased.

3 Likes

I mean the PUMA IFV just has a 30mm belt casually sitting in the back of the infantry compartment…

3 Likes

frontal 50mm on dev is a joke

4 Likes

Yeah it has no composite, no SLERA, just RHA
like what???

yeah sure it’s a merkava 1/2 hull underneath but it still underwent a complete overhaul