The AIM-54 Phoenix missile - Technology, History and Performance

Yes you can see missile fired and flying roughly toards you, but you won’t get warning, so it will be a big question mark on whether it is targeting you; furthermore, if F-14 evade, the missile can be redirected to attack some random guy on the deck with fairly high chance of a kill since ground hugging all the way to engagement is very tiresome and most players don’t do that.

1 Like

my forum question i made by this forum something
from here forum, propose some changes that are here in this forum, go check.
if you support this changes go there and give your feedback

Now would be a really nice time to model in the missing performance and tracking of the Aim-54C and the radar precision and strength of the AWG-9. Then perhaps the F-14B with its enormous CM count can compete with the big dogs at 12.7 where it belongs against flankers.

Get more diversity at top tier and people would start flying the Tomcat again. Doing so would free up the bandwidth to actually model the Su27 radar too and let them both go head-to-head as designed.

@k_stepanovich great job on the sparrow update. I think was implemented perfectly for the F-15A.

What sparrow update?

The Sparrow was updated 12.29.2023

Target acquisition from pulse-doppler velocity search mode - SRC PDV HDN was fixed.

• Flight time for the AIM-7F/M, R530F/D, Sky flash Temp and PF10 missiles has been increased after losing their target, so they will now have more time to re-acquire the target before they self-destruct.

Ok, did you saw the new road map? They must need to put the Phoenix missile changes of this topic, why do not do a suggestion poll to implement?

1 Like

Because the second you try to make anything better about this game publicly, a million dudes come out derailing the point just looking for reasons to talk about themselves or how they know everything because they found an open source on the internet that they can’t even interpret correctly.

The devs are aware of the current lack of performance with weapons and radars such as these. There is a plan to implement the missile and the tomcats radar performance when they feel time is right.

Even the flanker’s radar is not modeled for a reason. It’s purely out competitive balance at moment since a lot of the other nations do not have the radar capability and weapon range to really compete with the USSR and US heavy strategic fighters yet.

I am very certain the tomcat will get the update it needs within 2 business quarters without any community action.

Oh my bad I didn’t see your road map. Checking it out now!

Will vote. Looks awesome. I think devs love seeing this feedback more than anything.

The only thing I say is don’t be discouraged as it takes time. This is really good suggestions.

I think 2. Has the most action over of getting implemented first.

R-27ER
-More acceleration due to engine thrust
-More Maneuverability
-ins and datalink
Planes: Flanker Family, Mikoyan Family, Yak-141

I do believe the R7ER is performing fine in acceleration. I am inclined to believe it’s over performing there to a degree. Especially at low altitude. The motor was made to burn longer specifically to extend the range. That’s why the west calls them Long Burn Alamos.

They are very heavy and only reach high top speed because of the energy that is built up after burning so long. Same with the aim45. But the aim45 is severely held back in off the rail acceleration being a much lighter missile than the ER. That definitely needs to be fixed.

ER also have recently been buffed in close range maneuvering. GJ did seem to reduce the acceleration off the rail which as a result gets better performance at close range. I no longer use the regular Rs for dogfights.

These are 700lb missiles. To desire it to accelerate faster means less maneuvering at close range. The missile is not capable of both.

2 Likes

nobody is bothering on bug reporting the AIM-54 anymore because gaijin devs openly disagree with primary and secondary information. No point wasting our time trying to change their mind, the AIM-54 is never getting fixed.

3 Likes

What do you mean aim-45?

Typo must be

Not logical. Aim-54 is not lighter than the ER.

This is the wrong mentality to have @malucobeleza171

Do not be discouraged. Continue to provide feedback as new jets and capabilities are added to the game.

Devs do not implement a lot of things yet because the game is simply because they feel it’s not ready for it. Can they overlook things? Sure. It happens. But providing feedback at a regular rate each update as a player works and what they look for.

Not telling them how to do their job and model long parameters. Nor is accusing them of a personal bias.

Your post and vote on the subject are good.

2 Likes

My apologies. It heavier you are correct. but the aim54 is underperforming in acceleration.

The R27ER did not gain a substantial or really any relevant gain in thrust. It’s just longer burning for extended range. It got much heavier. It’s not logical that it takes off the rail quicker than the regular R27

Especially in the dense lower atmosphere.

1 Like

How is it not modeled?

If anything, if it were truly modeled, especially the spo15. You’d truly end up hating soviet equipment.

5 Likes

Radar modes. Not precision.

The flankers radar is said to be very good. But of course. Blown out of the water by the tomcat and f14

You right.

1 Like

Like which modes?

So just modes but not perfomance?

Yeah just modes. Specifically fovs. It had a tws last time I checked. No?

It’s currently exactly like the mig29 in modes, range and performance.

Which I think we can agree should not be. But of course, it should not be modeled while the tomcats radar remains as is, and the F-15 radar be as is either.

1 Like

While dcs is not a valid source for bug reports, i think we as players can trust their data studies to be correct enough to point out differences between different weapons.
Their new performance studies show the difference between ER and R pretty well.
Only take into account the new study (green).

1 Like