The AIM-54 Phoenix missile - Technology, History and Performance

So basically you heard word of mouth and went with it. But Nato equipment needs the guy who made it to come and vouch for it. Gotcha.

You cant make this up lol.

are you referring to when R-27s were first added 10 months ago you could guide them in TWS/IRST with DL and switch to STT last second? because that was fixed after we found sources in the MiG-29 manual stating this wasnt possible, it was just a hard find because the initial theory (and why it was like that in the first place) was that DL could be updated in TWS like in most other missiles with DL.

Or are you talking about recently where you could fire a SARH in TWS/IRST watch it fail to hit because it wasnt getting any illumination, and not even be able to LOAL if launched like that. That was a thing with all SARHs and it was pretty useless since the missiles couldnt guide after being fired even if STT lock was gained.

Seems like youre getting mad over something long fixed or something useless

if you wish to make further claims about the R-27 I recommend the R-27 thread

Replied in the R-27 thread, if there is anything else you’d like to discuss about the Phoenix we can stay here. Elsewise let’s not derail the thread. I’ll consider any further discussion on the R-27 here an attempt to derail.

NATO tech has too many things wrong to bother wasting our time working on something else than fixing NATO stuff.

Granted at this point, like I previously mentioned, ive given up on trying to aim for realism ingame, seing as gaijin is blatantly pro-russian propaganda and anti-west

1 Like

99% of the stuff you’re complaining about applies to pretty much all missiles.

What is the R27R & ER missing? Or is that the 1%?

But now IRST HMS can lock anytarget up to 25km though its says 10km. I can switch over to pd and maintain the same lock immediately and kill targets at long and close range. It’s an exploit they refuse to fix.

Not 10 months ago. its happening right now. So pretty much it’s the same exact same exploit offered. I don’t even have to use my radar whatsoever unless to launch and re lock last second.

Its so dirty and literally free braindead kills.

Exactly. But where are all the posts from the rocket scientists about it. Dont see them anywhere. Its just something they intentionally hide because they know it gives them the unfair advantage they need.

Then you come to a post like this and see the response’s and its hilarious. The scab brigade is in full force in any thread that mentions NATO equipment.

1 Like

Say thank you for Russian developer bias because the R-27ER is indeed modeled to overperform and be launched in IRST mode which it can not do. Every Russian pilot that uses R-27ERs needs an exploit to get kills, an exploit the developers probably put in intentionally.

Sure dont see any proxy fuse issues on the R-27ER either. Seems it only effects NATO stuff. But where are all the rocket scientist posts about that? Cant be found.

Very telling.

Say thank you Russian bias keeps NATO missiles like the phoenix from performing correctly. I also love how your acting like the R-27 isnt the worse missile ever made IRL. “Be ThAnKfUl thiS mIsSlE WiTh a 1 OuT 30 HiT raTiO IsnT iN Game!”

Lol thats you.

1 Like

what does the first mode mean?

what’s wrong with you? in our game, the reliability of the system is 100%.If there are documents refuting that the ER is not correctly designed, provide

the developers did not give an interference protection equal to 0.7 for the R-27T / ET, so it would die out of nowhere
why rockets in reality are not as good as in the game.Because there are a lot of factors.One of them is reliability, build quality and soldering.The influence of clouds, Temperature on the powder engine.Accidental mechanical damage, etc.

if you try to switch to radar lock in ACM from IRST to radar past 10km it wont lock in radar that was fixed

R27EP or any radiation homing missile in a2a use would be like shooting a SARH at a low alt target but all the time.

Not to mention it’s questionable if it was ever even used, what avionics it required, etc. Unless the sources are in Russian I can’t find any info on it beyond ‘passive radiation missile’

R-27EP definitely is in use, its operation is detailed in the 9-13S manual. Its a pretty interesting missile

because it was not exported anywhere

Do you happen to have any idea what NATO bands the seeker tracks? And if it tracks main beam or side lobes?

1 Like

unfortunately it doesnt specify anything related to bands just operation tho the missile can definitely track a MiG-29 radar since the manual specifically mentions using phi-0 mode (IRST with radar off) and aiming by boresight until NP (launch authority) appears in order to prevent the missile from tracking the fighter’s own radar,

though interestingly enough it does seem to have some sort of SARH mode aswell since it describes guiding the missile using an STT lock the same way you would for a R-27R/ER

1 Like

So at the least I-Band, based on what I’ve read it was of limited usefulness and really lack accuracy. I’m betting thats because it’s not tracking a tracking wave form and just search emissions.

Oooohh, someone is working on a future update?