The AIM-54 Phoenix missile - Technology, History and Performance

Say thank you for Russian developer bias because the R-27ER is indeed modeled to overperform and be launched in IRST mode which it can not do. Every Russian pilot that uses R-27ERs needs an exploit to get kills, an exploit the developers probably put in intentionally.

Sure dont see any proxy fuse issues on the R-27ER either. Seems it only effects NATO stuff. But where are all the rocket scientist posts about that? Cant be found.

Very telling.

Say thank you Russian bias keeps NATO missiles like the phoenix from performing correctly. I also love how your acting like the R-27 isnt the worse missile ever made IRL. “Be ThAnKfUl thiS mIsSlE WiTh a 1 OuT 30 HiT raTiO IsnT iN Game!”

Lol thats you.

1 Like

what does the first mode mean?

what’s wrong with you? in our game, the reliability of the system is 100%.If there are documents refuting that the ER is not correctly designed, provide

the developers did not give an interference protection equal to 0.7 for the R-27T / ET, so it would die out of nowhere
why rockets in reality are not as good as in the game.Because there are a lot of factors.One of them is reliability, build quality and soldering.The influence of clouds, Temperature on the powder engine.Accidental mechanical damage, etc.

if you try to switch to radar lock in ACM from IRST to radar past 10km it wont lock in radar that was fixed

R27EP or any radiation homing missile in a2a use would be like shooting a SARH at a low alt target but all the time.

Not to mention it’s questionable if it was ever even used, what avionics it required, etc. Unless the sources are in Russian I can’t find any info on it beyond ‘passive radiation missile’

R-27EP definitely is in use, its operation is detailed in the 9-13S manual. Its a pretty interesting missile

because it was not exported anywhere

Do you happen to have any idea what NATO bands the seeker tracks? And if it tracks main beam or side lobes?

1 Like

unfortunately it doesnt specify anything related to bands just operation tho the missile can definitely track a MiG-29 radar since the manual specifically mentions using phi-0 mode (IRST with radar off) and aiming by boresight until NP (launch authority) appears in order to prevent the missile from tracking the fighter’s own radar,

though interestingly enough it does seem to have some sort of SARH mode aswell since it describes guiding the missile using an STT lock the same way you would for a R-27R/ER

1 Like

So at the least I-Band, based on what I’ve read it was of limited usefulness and really lack accuracy. I’m betting thats because it’s not tracking a tracking wave form and just search emissions.

Oooohh, someone is working on a future update?

Ahaha no just a passing interest, other than ARMs I don’t know of other passive missiles. I suspect its because tracking a moving ground target based on target emissions is substantially easier than a fighter target.

It seems to guide the same as the R-27Rs using the radar, only other way I can think of thats likely is it uses inertial+DL information up until the target and guides via STT lock until it gets so close to the target the emissions of the target radar are stronger than the launch radar that it terminally tracks that signal.

Which is feasible, however the manual doesnt specify either or, just that it can be used with the radar the same way you use an R-27R/ER

No it’s not like that

what do you believe it to be then?

Can we move the discussion to the other thread please?

why was this post flagged? are you mods mental?

It was flagged by people reading the topic, not by mods

then people are taking this shit too seriously