Terrain Following Radar

Here is my report about radar in A-6E TRAM, it should have the AN/APQ-156 (improved variand of AN/APQ-148)
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/zoIovBaxfkqk

The latest variants added to the game used AN/APQ-146 or 171 TFR

The problem with F-111C/F is classified latest flight manual (from 14 february 1995), so the AN/APQ-161 or 169 radar can’t be used in game i guess, the latest TFR can’t be used either.

But now we have completelly wrong radar in F-111C/F in the game. The AN/APQ-159 was designed for F-5E/F platform. At least according to the sources I found.

2 Likes

For no reason F-111F got the Australian ALR-2002, but it doesn’t matter because ALR-2002 is just another copy & paste of APS-109 from F-111A.After 30 years of RWR upgrade and nothing changed.
The radar APQ-169 is a copy & paste of APQ-159, Gaijin even forgot to rename it.

What a shame.

I’m not sure, but the APQ-159 was an upgraded APQ-153 made by Emerson Electric, the APQ-169 was upgraded APQ-165. The APQ-165 was made by Texas Instruments, then upgraded by General Electric to APQ-169.
But I don’t have any unclassified documents to prove it. All I have was downloaded from avialogs.com, aircraft-reports.com and some books from vdok.pub. avialogs.com has still not responded to the question about whether this document is declassified and can be legally used.

APQ-159 has nothing to do with APQ-169 in real life.

But in game.Gaijin just create a new file called us_an_apq_169.blkx and copy everything from us_an_apq_159.blkx into it. Gaijin even forgot to change the radar name in apq169 file.
ridiculous.

1 Like

Oh, I misunderstood previous answer xD

I can imagine someone forgetting they have cruise control on while a missile comes up from behind.

1 Like