Tech tree P-51C needs to be moved back to rank 3, if all of the premium/battlepass P-51Cs are rank 3

premium bias

6 Likes

They need to stop this rank nonsense, it’s based on literally nothing and it just ruins hundreds of vehicles because you cannot do anything with them.

5 Likes

TBH, I disagreed about reworking TT because it wasn’t even needed.

Some changes were good such as MiG-21MF/bis-SAU and Su-7B/BKL, but other changes were just ridiculous because they put a completely unrelated vehicle in same folder just for "same BR”.

3 Likes

Agreed. I think the TT reworks were generally good, but only the American P-51C being rank 2 while the others are rank 3 is really irritating.

1 Like

Is it actually?

F-2 Sabre is not foldered to A-5/F-25 Sabres.
A-4B and FJ-4B is foldered even both things needs complently different playstyle.
Meteor F Mk 4 G.41F foldered Meteor Mk 4 G.41G / Mk.8 instred Mk.3/Sea Jesus even G.41F doesn’t have cut wings.
Sea Hawk and S is Sea Venom is foldered for somehow
Swift F.1 and F.7 is still not foldered.
Russian and Chinese MiG-17 doesn’t have same ranks.
Q-5 Early and Q-5A is still not foldered even Su-7B/BKL in russian TT is already foldered.
MiG-19s and early MiG-21s are foldered even both things needs complently different playstyles.
Su-17M2 and M4s are not foldered.

Despite all these problems with the jet alone, it’s hard to say that these changes are good for me

1 Like

Don’t forget F6F-5, B-25s, Helldiver, etc
f6f5

US rank changes were honestly terrible.

2 Likes

I feel they did it to stop people using them constantly for both of the dailies ;)

4 Likes

How were they good? They foldered a bunch of illogical things, made sure that all the newer vehicles got placed in front of the old ones to make sure you didn’t get to actually skip anything, increase things in tiers that negated most of the RP reduction AND dump all the heli grind on ground forces and abandon heli modes entirely.

Yeah, they did, but they said while doing so that in those cases, foldering wasn’t always about things that go together, it was about research.

Objectively untrue. Vehicles in folders now have a 50% less RP cost, so the RP was not at all negated.

On top of not abandoning helicopters, seeing by the fact that they have added a bunch of them in that update and since, what did they dump? How did they dump anything? They added the option to research helicopters with ground vehicles, but you can still do so with helicopters, so what did they dump? They added an extra option, that’s all.

1 Like

Yeah, they did, but they said while doing so that in those cases, foldering wasn’t always about things that go together, it was about research.

Which was a minor reduction.

For Germany, if you skip as many vehicles as possible, not make lineups, not research any foldered vehicles you can save about 16% compared to what the grind was before.

If you do actually play the game and create the same lineups as before the total reduction was 6%.

If you include the heli RP grind, the RP requirements increased by 15% for the German tech tree for example.

But if we look at the RP increase from update 1.87 to 2.25 which is March 2019 to mid 2023 the grind has more than doubled, from 80m to 180m RP in vehicles and from 250m SL to 530m SL required.

But sure… folder a few vehicles really helped when our RP gain is still on the level of 2014 when we probably had less than 10% of the RP requirement we have to day.

Objectively untrue. Vehicles in folders now have a 50% less RP cost, so the RP was not at all negated.

Mostly vehicles that already had lower BR requirements and their RP is entirely insignificant if you can research half the tech tree with the RP you need for a single top tier vehicle.

And if you then move a bunch things to a higher tier, which is accompanied with RP increases there was very little of an actual improvement.

For my Chinese grind I actually had to grind more RP than before due to relocating of vehicles.
I needed 2.25m RP before. and I needed 2.7m RP after the ‘‘reduction’’.

They added the option to research helicopters with ground vehicles, but you can still do so with helicopters, so what did they dump? They added an extra option, that’s all.

Heli PvE is top 5 biggest jokes in the game, which has some serious competition, entirely unplayable for a number of helicopters and the RP gain is abysmal, unless you’re playing a meta premium helicopter it’s a waste of time, and instead of improving on this mode they’ve moved the responsibility to ground forces and now when you ask about it, they’ll tell you that you can use ground, as if that’s a valid replacement for a proper heli mode.

1 Like

It is actually not irritating, it is fully intended.

The OP deals imho with the same topic like this thread:

I even mentioned the P-51 C-10 there:

It boils down that in this case - the P-51 C-10 - is absolutely correct placed at rank II. The masses of players using it in the US air TT drag the BR way too low - just to their lack of experience.

Keeping the “free” versions of SWE and FR at rank III is logical as they are traded at the market place (where gaijin gets a cut) - and the JP premium version earns money.

As the average player of JP, SWE or FR is better than his US counterpart these players benefit the most from the low BR - the US players ensure the low BRs just by their number advantage and their higher statistical impact.

Despite i meet frequently outstanding Chinese pilots i am not sure if they are on average able to compete with the 3 other “premium” nations, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter as China is a large market - and gaijin has a Chinese investor.

In order to support my claims regarding undertiered - 2 vids:

The video above deals with the “new” Chinese version and the vid below deals with the (quote) “almost criminal low BR”.