I’m talking about the feature of tracking the enemy while pressing a key.
First of all, the state of the art:
On console we have:
- Air (arcade and realistic): pressing the key, your plane (the instructor) follows the enemy and tries to center your guns on the center of the enemy vehicle (those attempts are depending on the performances and characteristics of your vehicle); in any case you have to adjust your aim manually.
- Ground (arcade and realistic): pressing the key, your gun and turret (NOT the course of your vehicle) follows the enemy and tries to center your gun on the center of the enemy vehicle (those attempts are depending on the performances and characteristics of your vehicle); in any case you have to adjust your aim manually.
- Naval (arcade, I do not know in realistic), same as 2.
On PC we have only nr. 2 and 3 (the features work the same as console).
I’m curious: can anybody explain me why on PC there isn’t nr. 1?
Thank you in advance
Im guessing because flying planes with a controller in WT is a pain and they wanted to give them some help.
Not really, based on my experience. I play both on console and PC with a controller. The real difficulty is not flying but aiming while maneuvering (there are other limitations concerning rudder, ecc., but those are depending on the key limitation of the controller). Anyway the current choice is inconsistent under many profiles:
- The difference in features should be based on devices and not on platforms: console can have M&K and you should need such sort of “help” only if you play with a controller (as a result of the different response of the two devices);
- Why give such “help” to everybody (PC and console) only for ground and naval and not for air? (where, moreover, it should be more needed given the difficulty of maneuvering and aim at the same time with a controller).
- The feature nr. 1 is not different from nr. 2 and 3, given that you cannot follow the enemy with your guns without, at the same time, change the course of your plane accordingly.