T54s at 8.0

The SU-100 stayed in service and then reserve for a long while, so it’s very likely they would have been equipped with post-war shells.

In the post-war period, Egypt used it the most, and they used BR-417B ammunition.

Also from what you have said, I think that gaijin should balance the tanks by choosing a period of the model, for example the SU-100 from 1944-1945, the same as the IS-2 (1944), giving them what they had at that time, since the IS-2 (1944) during WW2 did not have the APCBC or the smoke canisters.

They could do that, but then most tanks would probably come stock with their best round, which would go against incentivising spending GE for modules.

Be interesting to see it tested though, a lot of BR changes would be needed and for tanks like the T-72A, which gets a late production run upgrade, would that unlock a new shell?

It also happens with the BMP-1, that you can put the modification to convert it into the BMP-1D, which is at least 10 years more modern than the base model, maintaining the same Br, although it is also because of how they have left the ATGMs in the game. It would be interesting to separate them into two different tanks, or in any case to change their Br, but of course, with a change in the damage model before, so that the change in the ATGM apart from the guidance is reflected in the damage.

I wanted to make a thread about these sort of mods. Personally I’d like them to be different vehicles, as I like collecting.

after spading Type 59, it is getting better with preformance. I have an about 1.3/1 K/D (most of the deaths from stock version), I usually get 1-4 kills per death. Some good games I get 6-8 kills without dying!

Again, the Type 59 is strictly better than the T54. The vertical stab is a huge advantage and the round selection is equivalent tot the T-54 1951.

2 Likes

true

The issue of the Type 59 and the T-54 is curious, the Type 59 is essentially better, since it has a vertical stabilizer, since the Type 59 is a copy of the T-54A. Instead, the T-54 of 1949 and 1951 They have a HEAT-FS equal to the Type 59 but a better APDS, although historically it is most likely that they would not use it, unless they were 1949 and 1951 models in secondary or reserve units, since at the time in which it entered The T-54A was already in service with that HEAT-FS, and the APDS bullet entered service when the T-55 was already in service.

1 Like

Honest question - did real T-54s have such glacially slow turret traverse?

After how nice the T-44/100 feels to use, I find it hard to believe its supposed replacement would be worse in this vein.

??? it means the ZTZ cant stabilize over 24kph, that is very relevant

There are 3 uses for a stab.
1: cresting hills. Allow you to move up and shoot nearly instantly.
2: rounding corners. Allowing you to accurately hit targets beyond 50m as you are rounding a corner without waiting for stabilization is incredibly important.
3: shots on the move. By far the least relevant as horizontal movement skews rounds at long distance making accurate shots difficult even with a stab. Still, a lot of ~9.0 IFVs excel at these shots and can be relevant even in lower teir battles.

The ZTZ can do 1 and 2, but not 3. Relevant, yes. But the ability to do 1 and 2 is a MASSIVE buff for the ztz over the T54. Also, its not like your engine power is getting you to >24kph in quick time. You are also teired with centurions that can do 34kph MAX and have been repeatedly upteired for that stab.

I agree, but your comment was very much downplaying the differences between 1 plane and 2 plane

I have to ask how often do you crest hills with a T-54s gun depression or round corner fire with a T-54s turret traverse

Shoot the left (your right) turret cheek. Takes out two crew members. Wait 9 seconds, fire again.

If you have HEAT-FS fire high left (your right) on the UFP it’ll hit the Driver + gunner and if you’re lucky commander knocking out the tank.

That’s every tank at that BR range including the MAUS lol

The gun is fine if you use the explosive shell and learn2aim.

Gun depression is because you’re playing Russia it’s irrelevant.

T-54 is faster than the M60 lol

Lol… you are highlighting exactly why the tank is bad. bad armor, HEAT round that every tank at 7.7 or 8.0 get better, no gun depression and better speed than a tank NO ONE is holding up as a gold standard. M60a1 and a2 also get actual gun depression and a stab. And actual turret rotation speed. What is the T-54 actually good at?

Type 59 single plane satb works till 40kph.

No, not even close. 95% of the time all you need is vertical stab. horizontal is only needed on the move.

As for cresting hills and cornering… you don’t because you DON’T have a stab. With the chinese versions you do all the time. Lining up your shot around a corner then moving forward and firing is literally how modern MBTs are played. from 8.3-11.7. ZTZs can do that, the T54 cant except at very short range.

1 Like