T-80U and T-80UK should not change BR

I already wrote it in that planned battle rating change topic. I just hope you can check and upvote it.
T-80UE1’s br change is fine, but that doesn’t go the same for T-80U or T-80UK, unless gaijin upgrade them to T-80UE1 level, including gen2 thermal and elevating as well as traversing mechanism. T-80U and UK are both inferior to either T-72B3 or T-80UE1. I’d support it if someone write about Swedish T80U br not changing or receiving 3BM46, sadly I myself is too tired to write it.

2 Likes

The T-80U is superior to the T-72B3, not the other way around.

Every country has (current) 11.0’s and 11.3’s which don’t fare well against 11.7’s, the T-80U and it’s variants are no different.

2 Likes

I wrote all these because M1A1HC and click-bait will receive M829A2, and DM53 for PL leopard2. I’m pretty sure your “not fare well” doesn’t include them.

1 Like

Why shouldn’t they change BR
Nothing is really changing in regards to these tanks anyway, everything 10.0+ is moving up a step and better shells for 3 vehicles doesn’t change a great deal for either T-80

Yeah, just 3 vehicles from 2 main countries, one of which is the best selling ground premium pack, and another one is squadron vehicle, maybe people don’t even play them lmao.
With worst elevating and traversing mechanism, gen1 thermal, 11kph reverse speed, 3BM46 round, lack of split path transmission, fixed 6.5 second reload time, 3 crew member, and average power-to-weight ratio at its br, all that’s left for T-80U is armor. And now, vehicles at its br are receiving top tier rounds. So what is left for T-80U? A Soviet Union flag?

4 Likes

yeah click bait/2PL players just can’t wait to take the 50/50 of maybe going through K-5 at point blank range

Even if it’s really 50/50, that would make T-80U a joke, now that these vehicles are either equal or superior to T-80U in all aspects other than armor. Not to mention that the chance that DM53 penetrate T-80U even with K5 is much higher than that.

1 Like

I repeat: Every countries’ 11.0’s and 11.3’s don’t fare well against Strv 122’s and Leopard 2A7’s.
DM53 and M829A2 additions don’t change anything about that fact.
The community also generally overrates the impact that a couple more mm of penetration will have.

You’ve not given me a convincing reason for why the T-80U’s in particular should go down, they’re superior to the T-72B3 and roughly equal to other countries’ MBT’s at these BR’s.

1 Like

To be honest, I would take T-72B3 over T-80U.

It’s not mobility I mean, the round is good, the turret control is also good, pretty fast actually.

So where is the convincing reason for T-80U superior to T-72B3?

The T-72B3 has among some of the worst mobility at top-tier.

Acceleration, top speed, reverse speed, reload rate.

1 Like

I mean the control of the turret.

They’re getting exactly what they deserve. An uptier.

And PL Leopard will not receive DM53. Which had been exactly the reason I create this topic.

Yeah, I saw that the DM53 was s watched off. Guess we’ll have to see how it plays out without it.

Anyway. Without this DM53 change, I’d still consider T-80U better than T-72B3 (good bye stupid reverse speed)