Swiss P-16 too high at BR 9.0

IMHO the P-16 with its armament is about the same as G91 or an F86 which are sitting at 8.7.
I think 8.7 would be ok, while 8.3 probably best fit.

With 9.0 it is facing several adversaries with CM, radar and better missiles than AIM-9Bs

1 Like

P-16 easily out-accelerates and out-climbs Mig-17.
So unless you’re endorsing Mig-17 to 8.3, I’m gonna say no for both.
9.0 is fine for the P-16.

It had to have been good…
Otherwise Bill Lear wouldn’t have used the tail section and wings for the Learjet 23

I test flew the Hunter F58 out of curiosity.
Hunter accelerates slower but climbs faster at 1000kph.
P16’s gonna be good.

The P-16 is more like the Hunter in performance, (notwithstanding its large ordinance choices) I doubt it would be fair if it were lowered, but if they did it would obviously make it a META plane…

At 8.3 it will outcompete any jet around that BR.

I tested that and the P-16 took 5 second longer to accelerate to 800 kph with both having 9 mins of fuel. So not really

1 Like

It would be too great of a coincidence considering it’s a premium pack

It’s a CAS jet, it does not have to compete with dedicated fighters in the flight performance department. It should stay at its current BR

And? We have different brs for ground and air in realistic now.

1 Like

So you’re telling me that an attacker with an incredible bomb load should also compete with fighters? Best of both worlds? How is that balanced?

10 seconds longer for Mig-17.
And to 1000, Mig-17 took 1:43, and P-16 took 1:13.

With afterburner to 800kph? Despite I used the lim5p because the russian test flight map and german test flight map could be different altitudes

Mig-17 doesn’t have an afterburner.
LIM-5P is under-BR’d and needs to be brought back to 9.0.

OK I didn’t know that but the lim5p cant move up really because you have better planes at 9.0 aswell

Not really…
Lim-5P is the best dogfighter even for 9.0.
20 meters per second sustained turn rate go wild.

The Lim-5P and all other Mig-17s should be 9.0 where they used to be. Moving them (and the other sabres/migs) down was quite stupid.

That doesn’t matter that much if you dont have missles to slow enemies down

I agree but that wont happen. Gaijin compresses early jet fighters more and more

The problem is the stupid decision to move the early f-104s down to 9.3. Hope they move up now with more missles

as you can see in the pics he posted the difference in altitude is literally just ~150m. Nowhere near enough to make a difference. I would be more worried about temperature than that

I thought maybe altitude above the sea level could be different but yeah you’re probably right