Sweden should also get Gripen C

Britain ended up getting the Gripen C variant 💀

İts obvious they want to introduce Gripen C into Swedish tech tree with Fox-3 uptade so they can force us to grind entire new plane.

This is even more insulting considering British version will only grind one module while Swedish Mains will have to grind entire new plane.

4 Likes

It would be one thing if both United Kingdom and Sweden received the JAS-39C’s at the same time. That I wouldnt mind at all. The problem and the thing which makes me most annoyed and angry, is that they only gave United Kingdom the better JAS-39 variant, whilst Sweden recieves the basic JAS-39. Which has not only better armaments for both Air to Air and Air to Ground. But also improved engine and HMD capabilities.

Tldr. Don’t mind UK gets it but atleast give to Sweden as well.

6 Likes

İm ok with Uk getting Gripen C.

İm not ok with Swedish is getting screwed and recieving base version.

11 Likes

Pretty sure that’s everyone’s position. We’d rather it be Swedish only for an update, but if they aren’t going to, at least give it to Sweden.

5 Likes

They just straight up didn’t respond to anyone.

6 Likes

@Smin1080p

Have devs learned nothing from Us F-16 incident?

They cant just give much better version of Gripen to Uk while ignoring Sweden, this decision should be revert.

Please talk with Devs otherwise this will be another F-16 incident.

12 Likes

There is zero reason to not give Sweden the JAS39C unless they are going to add it in 6 months when they add advanced radar missiles and make us re-grind it. In a manner such as the F16A to the C. The difference being that the gripen is already at a disadvantage to other fighters due to its energy retention, weak engine, and limited armament. I, for one, cannot wait to begin year three of only having skyflashes for “”“”“BVR”“”“”" engagements in a plane built for BVR

Waiting Two years for a new airframe was already bad. Having us suffer through a full year of

top tier… Now giving our beloved C Gripen to UK and giving Sweden the gimped version?

We should’ve had the Gripen A a year ago, you had us waiting this long and it’s not even the C model? And then you give it to Britain(?).

2 Likes

Giving Gripen those skyflashes with a worse range than a sidewinder in the same update we get Su27/F15 with six R27ER’s is a joke

3 Likes

Thats exactly what their goal is.

They want to us to grind entire new plane only to recieve what we deserve in the first place.

İts a Viggen syndrome 2.0.

2 Likes

Yet Japan is getting AAM-3 and AIM-9M it never used, while the US one doesn’t get AIM-7P, which is very unfair.

In regards to the thread - if there is any single difference in the Gripen A and Gripen C that results in the C having an advantage, it should NOT be given to Britain. Britain shouldn’t even have that plane, let alone a better variant.

3 Likes

İmagine going against Su-27 in Gripen A.

No HMD, no proper RWR,no proper SARH missiles and only 6 missile while your enemy can spam 10 missiles,having HMD and better flight performance.

Surely it will be fine right?

3 Likes

They better make the FM busted or give it some modern IR missiles…

The JAS39 was capable of passively tracking inbound missiles and threats, which I am sure will be modeled correctly right?

Japan used AAM-3, not sure on F-15J tho if thats your point.

Cf-18 would be better choice for UK but im ok with SA Gripen C as long as Sweden will also recieve the C model.

@Smin1080p
You have finally increased the top tier performance of the swedish air tree by adding the Gripen but then you go and give the SA (the Brits) a variant which is essentially superior in every way? How dumb can one be? When the Skyflash was added along with the Viggen ages ago the brits demanded their “native” slightly improved missile so now we demand that we get an aircraft that is rightfully ours.

This isn’t about some missile demand that could very well be ignored, this is quite literally about a full on aircraft, the difference just from the addition of a helmet mounted sight is night and day when your aircraft is literally best at close in dogfights with semi manuverable missiles. Make the reasonable decision, please.

9 Likes

I support this. Britain can keep their Gripen C, but Sweden deserves their native aircraft, that their Gripen A was replaced with. You know, so we can be vaguely competitive after how long we were stuck with the viggen whilst everyone else got stuff that stomped it.

3 Likes

Britain getting it is alright as long Sweden get it as well imo. Anything less would be complete bs.

6 Likes

My point about the F-15 is that AAM-3 is better than AIM-9M by quite a lot, while it ALSO gets AIM-9M it never used (for whatever reason), and this would mean the US F-15 is just straight up inferior (as the guided bombs it gets aren’t good at that BR anyways) - the AIM-7P for the US F-15 (which was the only user of that variant) would mean the US one would have the best radar missiles, while the Japanese one would have best IR missiles, which is much more fair.

CF-18 shouldn’t be in the British tree either, in my opinion.

2 Likes