SUKHOI SU-47 BERKUT

Difference is that the YF-23 actually had avionics and provisions for weapons. This is just a tech demo that was never armed nor intended to be.

1 Like

+1, a very iconic Russian Aircraft with forward swept wings, sign me up.

Source?
Link to it preferably.

The Yak 141 was also meant to be a production aircraft, it got what it would have had if it were to enter service

whereas the Su-47 is a Tech demonstrator not meant to go into full service, like the EAP which Gaijin has denied it will be added, the Su-47 is no different

5 Likes

It came to me in a dream.

On a serious note I might be misremembering. I think it was related to the EAP in the RRD thread.

i_told

1 Like

Going to refrain from mentioning EAP. However here is the source.

1 Like

even if this is true gaijin has gone back on their word many times no top tier premiums flares on the f5c no modern jets and many other things

1 Like

For Russia to have a competitive 4.5th gen, I wouldn’t put it past them either.

I’ll be waiting for that day.

I have no doubts that Gaijin won’t add this thing, just look at it, there’s potential money to be made here, I’d personally drop a bag on it if it came as a premium. As for technology demonstrators, anyone would be crazy to think they won’t add things like the AbramsX, KF-51 etc.

1 Like

I’d say no to adding it. It sure is a cool aircraft, but it was never armed in any way, and didn’t even have a radar so idk why you say that it should be armed with R-77s. This is just a tech demonstrator to test tech they wanted to add to future aircraft, nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

I dont have USSR tree grinded yet but working on it, would love to see more sukhois and especially this beauty in it someday.

I found another source that said that this thing was armed

4 Likes

The Su-47 armament compartment…

Spoiler

2 Likes

its not about it having Hardpoints, its about it having the wiring and capability to actually fire the weapons, again going back to the EAP, it had hardpoints and flew with inert missiles, but lacked the wiring to fire them, making them useless

4 Likes

God damn, 144 A2A missiles!

The entire aircraft was a test bed for the retractable weapons bay on the SU-57, hence why it only has 1 internal bay for a maximum of 2 missiles on the 2 mock-up hardpoints. Where the SU-57 features 2 of these bays in tandem (1 behind the other).

The XL as far as I’m aware was finished as they just took a regular F16 and modified the wings

The XL was finished enough to be armed tbh

I mean there was that Photo of it with 2 9L’s on the wingtips. Though whether there was anything else on it I wouldn’t know.

Not so!..The S-37 (since 2001, the Su-47) has always been claimed by Sukhoi as an experimental aircraft, it was journalists who came up with the Legend that this is a prototype of a 5th generation fighter …

1. For example, it has a wing made of 90% composite materials (only the power set is metal and also 15% of the airframe made of composite materials…
  2. About the armament compartment-take a close look at the early photos and drawing… At that time, it was the only domestic aircraft having the dimensions of a fighter, but at the same time equipped with an internal cargo compartment…
  3. The first photo…In 2006-2007, Berkut received a new cargo bay, created according to the T-50 project. The purpose of this revision was to check the flaps and internal equipment of the compartment for operability in real flight conditions. The Su-47 with such a cargo compartment made about 70 flights with open doors. Interestingly, the doors of the first test compartment were opened and fixed on the ground. In 2008-2009, the Su-47 received an updated payload volume with flap opening mechanisms. In 2009, 25 flights were performed with the opening of the flaps.