Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Could be ER, at least I think the second one (on the right) have ER under wing

Brightened it up a bit, they both appear to be R-27R not R-27ER.

4 Likes

So they want to keep it a MİSSİLE BUS instead of fixing everything else.

Classic gaijin

I’m a Chinese main now, all my homies already abandoned USSR

2 Likes

@MiG_23M If you have a worthwhile argument regarding the performance of the P-77, you can make a report, I’ll accept it

The R-77 feels better after the update

What about it? Did you not understand what I said?

No medium range missile in-game has correct performance at high altitude, and the R-77 is affected the most because of its’ design and how the developers introduced it without properly modeling the dynamic drag of the grid fins.

I can put in a report covering dynamic drag, but I don’t think they care enough to overhaul the entire atmospheric drag model for missiles and the like just to accommodate one piece of ordnance.

3 Likes

It’s still the same after the update dropped, did you get any update on this?

Unrelated, but what was the final reasoning for Khod not being added to the SU39? The bug report gives little insight.

yes, there is no dynamic drag, but as far as I know from the developer, the average value tried to be chosen loyally so that the rocket would be closer to real performance.

If you have collected data that the R-77 is lagging far behind what it should be, you can try to pass it on to the developer

As far as I know, there was some doubt about his existence. Now I have brought it up again and perhaps I can tell you later the results.

I still hope that now that the AV-8B (NA) is available, the Su-39 and Su-25T should get the Khod

1 Like

Thank you brotha. I know you’ve been a big proponent of it. Hoping we can finally get it and maybe SAPSAN in game.

Yes, it was chosen as an average to let it match medium altitude performances as they have done with all ordnance. The R-27ER is missing 100 m/s of its’ top speed and is underperforming by as much as 25% in maximum range scenarios. The only missiles so far that have been modeled for a high alt and high speed scenario is the Phoenix.

The information has already been passed on, the R-77 has been configured like any other missile. The unique grid fins are not currently modeled as I said earlier - it is too much work for one single piece of ordnance. We already spoke with Stepanovich about this specific issue.

4 Likes

everything has been in this topic for a long time

3 Likes

Double Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection - #4511 by BBCRF

I don’t understand why the developer bypasses those opportunities to give thermal imaging for Soviet aviation where it is available.

If the Sapsan is not in the game, the next thing we will see is the T-220.

1 Like

Can anyone check or it just me situation, but on J-11A (still a Flanker tho) R-27s are floating on underbelly (between engines) pylons
изображение

Edit: They also float then I put them on under engines pylons

@David_Bowie bug

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if someone that actually does threads on in-development vehicles could create a topic on the Su-33 UB or the Su-27KUB which is a twin-seater version of the Sukhoi 33. This version of the flanker was tested on the Admiral Kuznetsov in the late 1990s and was accepted into service in 1999.

Here are some pics to show you.

It uses the same armament as the early Su-34 prototypes and was used for training and for ground striking.

Here are my sources: _Su-27KUB (Su-33UB) – Su-27 Flanker Family
_[Dossier] Le Sukhoï Su-27KUB: une opportunité manquée? – Red Samovar (text is in French you gotta translate)
Also you can ask @WreckingAres283 for the manuals & technical characteristics of the Su-34’s armament.

I think it would be a very neat addition to the game right after or right before the Su-33 (which isnt in the game yet) and a new baby to the flanker family.

I really hope someone will have the same enthusiasm as me regarding this beautiful machine and that they will create a topic on whether or not should we implement it into the game.

Thank you for your time reading this and I wish you a great day & / or night!

HTM out.

Oh boy, it gonna suck in Sim due reduced visibility (look at Su-24M as example)