Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Ye, it is hella annoying watching your slow ass radar take even longer than it should to find a single target.

Since the last report sadly didn’t get that much attention (it got fixed, but not really). Here is a new one:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nLkgSDqLXe8O

This is some insane IRST underperformance lol

6 Likes

Nice job man, If they fix It’ll give IRST much more significance than it has now.

İn test drive, the İRST won’t even lock the sabre from side front aspect 3KM +.

İn battles against F-15, if F-15 flares it locks the flares.

İt’s a R-60 super irst

1 Like

Ye, it is sad now.
My biggest wish, when the Su-27 came out, was to fly close to terrain and use the powerfull IRST to lob some ETs at people. But instead we got a copy paste IRST of the 29, with lobbies full of bots (can’t tell what is a player and what isn’t), with similarly underperorming ET seeker range.

1 Like

Thanks @IrohNick
Height 1000m, clean, fuel 2817 kg
As you can see, the game is much inferior to the real one
@Grimtax @Giovanex05 @MiG_23M

7 Likes

will you report it?

Do you know of any open sources that describe the scan pattern / area of the N001 (or N001VEP)?

Currently, the N001(VEP) has copy/paste scan patterns of the N019.
In the SUV-29E, it is mentioned that the N019 does not have sufficiently high scan rate (period = 3.6s) to be able to provide mid-course updates for the R-27R in TWS (so a hard lock is required).
My guess is that if that were the case (and because N001 and N019 share a lot of similarities), N001VEP would have to have faster scan patterns (for the R-77), either by increasing the angular velocity of the radar dish, or by introducing a smaller scan pattern for TWS (which I think is more likely), kind of how the APG-66 has a 3 bar ±25° azimuth scan for TWS.

1 Like

no

Crazy guy thinks that flying at low altitude is enough to maintain air superiority. Caracol where are the ECMs?
Sorbtsya_ECM pods

But this nozzle is for AL-31/41…, not KLIVT…The original patent was issued in 2006…

And what does KLIVT have to do with it? I’ve lost the thread of the dialogue. KLIVT appeared earlier

There is an all-angle nozzle for AL-31/41… but there is a conflict of interest between NPO SATURN and NPC SALYUT (although now both companies are members of the ODK) - Saturn does not have a license for the Salyut nozzle… how the RF Ministry of Defense coordinates orders for engines and nobody knows the design…

By 2007 Russian jet engine maker Salut had spent $40 million on developing the AL-31FM1 engine for Su-27, Su-30, Su-33 and other Sukhoi aircraft and successfully completed its tests in October 2006. The modernized version of the famed AL-31F engine features improved thrust characteristics, a 15% increase in combat effectiveness and cycle life, and reduced maintenance costs. The AL-31FM1 will be initially installed on Su-27SM Flanker fighters in service with the Russian Air Force, but it also has a high export potential, a company official said.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/su-27sm.htm
but

4 Likes

we have first batch Su-27SM that had old Al-31F

and old R-77

Spoiler

Su-30SM2…A new or modified Radar has been officially announced…
Обнародованы редкие кадры испытаний бетонобойных бомб новых Су-30 (tvzvezda.ru)

1 Like

Where did you find that? Looks unusual

In fact, Gaijin made a grave mistake. The R-77 and RVV-AE are different missiles
R-77 100km RVV-AE-80km

3 Likes