Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection (Part 3)

you only missing engine? Or other mods as well?

changed name?

also they say it has some kind of ram coating, from what we know they tend to be heavy

I was only missing engine mod but @Dzhkグ was right.

This thing became monster after engine upgrade.

After installing engine mod, i felt so much more confident and went full rocketship mode (dont mind those two imposters).

I managed to unlock PL-12A’s in that game thanks to booster+5k.

Also this thing drinks fuel after engine mod, keep it in mind.

1 Like

al-31 is a perfectly good engine in my opinion

27M is heavier than 30SM.

Indeed good sir, indeed :)

1 Like

Another game where i scored 4k.

@Dzhkグ You made me love this thing after hating so much, despite limited CM’s i started like this plane a lot after so much suffering.

It’s Mach limit is also higher which I like, for some reason I’m terrible at bvr though in both sm2 and j15t and I only know how to kill ppl less than 20km away 😔

Got multiple 20+km kills with PL12A’s, GNSS helps a lot for me.

I just climb 20 degress after i reach 1250km on deck until 8k then raise my nose to sling missiles to people from 40km’s.

image
looking at Fomin book, Su-27M (marked as Su-35 here) is actually lighter than Su-30SM. Which is interesting because i do remember seeing it being slightly heavier.

2 Likes

I’ll try this out soon thanks, I assume this works for sm2 as well since they accelerate about the same?

1 Like

You’re welcome, this tactic works with anything that has decent flight model, i also do the same thing on EFT’s and F15’s.

1 Like

Also, judging by this @kizvy , main reason why Su-30 has lower top speed might be not canards, but cockpit. Su-27UB, Su-30, Su-30MKI and Su-30MKK have same mach limit and top speed at altitude in this table (outside of the MKK that has 5km/h less) and the only thing consistent between all these airframes is the cockpit.

1 Like

i was not aware but the al31f is still a perfectly fine engine.

especially after Flankers stopped bleeding all of their speed in a single turn. Sure Su-30SM might take a bit to speed up, but it would not loose all that speed as quickly. And something like Su-27M could be even better due to lower drag and no TVC to accidentally oversteer yourself into the ground

Does anyone know what these are?

image

It was posted by a Su-34 pilot, so it’s most likely on a Su-34

1 Like

I wanna say it’s a Kh-38 but the lack of a Lens and the folding wings are throwing me off.

Kh-35U
image
It does not have a booster, due to being on a plane
image

3 Likes

Someone is hunting down ships I see

1 Like