I wonder what he could be looking for.
Maybe Sea drones or something.
It’s not like he’s gonna be finding a Frigate or anything.
I wonder what he could be looking for.
Maybe Sea drones or something.
It’s not like he’s gonna be finding a Frigate or anything.
Somali pirates
The U version can be used against ground targets,it has GNSS,they prob using it for better standoff range than Kh38s
Someone else already told me in dms, it’s probably for ships.
Interesting thing about this photo that Dzhk posted is that randome is different from any of the Kh-35U photos on the internet. The ones on photo have frontal part of the radome as a separate piece for some reason, you can see a circular groove. Almost as if there’s an optical or IR seeker is placed behind it.
Obviously this is just because Russia has run out of paint for the tip of the Kh-35s.
There cannot possibly be ANY other explanation.
I might text the guy who uploaded the image and see if I can get any info out of him.
It is weird, but I don’t see a reason for it to be there.
It is not transparent, so that eliminates things like TV, it does not look like like an IR filter, so IR and Laser out of the way.
It does not look like it will detach at all during flight.
Not sure what it would be, maybe later variant added acces hatch to the seeker for some reason?
Considering that you can just remove randome itself? I don’t see any point of adding it
Rate my incredibly shoddy Russian. 🔥

Sadly the image with the Kh-35 was gone, so I couldn’t reply to it.
Not bad at all, sentence is correct and uses common words. But I doubt you’ll get an answer, considering that photo is gone now
I didn’t expect one to begin with, but we will see.
To have fun I grind UK tanks, I’m going trough 10.7-11.7, so I don’t have fun.
Fr my fun is grinding the worst TT in-game. I started off with JPN, then Italy, then France, now UK, next Sweden or Israel, idk.
Ok I grinded Russia at the very first, but for my defence it was 11 years ago, I was like 11.
As for Air I started with JPN, then France, and sometimes russian low tier in GRB, I love IL-2’s.
In just two hours 🤯 🤯 🤯
So, someone just made a new radome for Kh-35 because reasons.
It’s very possible that it is new, and he just isn’t allowed to talk about it.
Just making a new radome “because we can” seems a bit silly if it doesn’t provide any advantage.
