Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection (Part 3)

I just noticed Sukhoi says Su-27UBK can use RVV-AE
image

2 Likes

Found an interesting video from ЦКБА about their passive radio reconnaisance systems


This seems to be how the full set of antennas on Su-35S looks like for the L-150

link to the video itself

2 Likes

image
This kinda lines up with where those Multifunctional AESA Interrogators would sit, no?

Maybe that’s one of their functions.

1 Like

I think so as well, but the compartment itself might just house both RWR and Interrogators inside

1 Like

i could see them being used for it
bc it would still just proccess radar returns, but not ones that it sent out itself

1 Like

I found another Su-35UB Pic.

I thought this was just a Su-30 for the longest time. But no, It’s a Su-35UB.

3 Likes

Is that grey radome going to be the new standard? Also is that a portrait of Archangel Michael? Also look like no pitot tube.

These are all older photos taken from online. But from what I’ve seen most Su-35S use a light grey for their radome.

Yes.

Also yes, The Su-35S does not have a Pitot Tube in the nose.

1 Like

AFAIK su-35ub and su-30mkk are basically the same, ub was built from a su-30mkk and was converted back to a su-30mkk when the su-35 failed

1 Like

Does anyone know what radar this uses?

I assumed N001 but if it uses RVV-AE then it might use a different variant.

Fomin says that, but I’m not sure how true this is, couldn’t find any other proof than that.
Also found an old video from KnAAPO

2 Likes

I mean, J-11A has N001 with RVV-AE integration so it isn’t too unreal to assume that UBK would also have it

1 Like

Berkut my beloved!

1 Like

You have Berkut at home
image

1 Like

Eew

Running into a minor issue with SM2; Radar seems to always swap to chaff at short range, or just drop the target with no chaff present when trying to use it for ERs. This the way it is behaving for others, or are shenanigans afoot?

Figured I’d finally work on spading it, it’s being a pain. Figured you lot would know.

All ERs are broken on platforms that have ESM.

I would advise trying to stay away from them for the time being, Gaijin knows its a bug and accepted a report on it a while ago.

So the radar dropping targets / chaff hunting is the fault of the ER at the moment?

I don’t know what’s up with dropping targets, but it’s most likely connected to the ERs not working atm if I had to guess.

1 Like

Aight, cheers. Seems I chose a bad time to spade this lol

1 Like