Suggestion - FV 107 Scimitar For France via Belgium

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Well as the title says, as the Scimitar is being added in the here and now, and there are a bunch of Dutch Leopard 2s being added to France in the here and now, why not add a Belgian Scimitar to the French TT too?

Afterall, they fielded about 150 Scimitars, it wouldnt take too much to have a new skin for them either and I think would add a nice addition to the TT at no real extra cost.

Imgur

Nice picture of a Belgian Scimitar :)

edit: from the picture, you can tell its the stock standard Scimitar i believe too, dont see the side exhaust for the changed engine, optics look standard.

5 Likes

Absolutely should be added into the French tree as something unique apart from the copy paste Leopards.
+1

2 Likes

Copy-paste of British scimitar = unique. Good, nothing to say

10 Likes

It’s another copy paste, but it’s an IFV so one that France could REALLY use, would be very nice to get!

1 Like

Would be relatively unique in the French TT, nothing around that bracket with a similar weapon system/gameplay for it. (also think of the angry german players fighting 3 RARDEN equiped vehicles instead xD)

You clearly did not get what I said, let me clarify it for you.
Compared to the Leopards, it is a much more unique addition into the French TT and overall would be abetter addition.
You get it now?

Yeah, yeah whatever.

3 Likes

+1

It’s such an easy C&P I’m surprised it didn’t happen. Full support for the Belgians.

Well they where C&Ping I would have liked the Dutch Ram II but I’m not sure they used the one in game(B model, 6-pdr Mk III) and the OQF 75mm variant I know the Dutch used would have required effort it make.

1 Like

Absolutely not , french can get their own armoured cars first , scim can be added later for sure but for now no

1 Like

why do you compare to something worse, that isn’t a good thing to begin with?
It’s about being good objectively, not better than some bad thing happening.

Well they are not being added this patch, so why not just do it now?

Perhaps as a premium, copy-paste vehicles are in my opinion the best type of premium vehicles. I’m sure there are unique, indigenous Belgian light tanks that could go in the researchable subtree instead.

Don’t see why not :P

So the Scimitar we’re getting in the British tree capability wise is almost identical. However visually the UK one has late headlamps and later stowage (~'94-'95). Unfortunately the Belgian ones have the early underslung headlamps and slightly different stowage arrangements (mostly the rear turret stowage, but there’s little differences pretty much everywhere as upgrades and modifications where done entirely within the Belgian MIC so theres quite a few divergances, e.g. Smoke improvements).

+1 though, if we get an earlier Scimmie we can get the cute little snowplow too!
1280px-FV107_Scimitar_COLD_WINTER_'87

no thank you

Yes, but all those Belgian aircraft, Dutch skinned copy pastes, or the CV90 are all just excuses to warm up people to the huge Leopard injection to the French tree.

Now we have leopards, the Belgian sub tree can continue its life as Hungary vol.2 or SA vol 3. (Still interesting that Finnish sub tree regularly gets vehicles, probably there is a Finnish modeler working with Gaijin)

I’m in agreement, if you’re going to do copy/paste, you might as well copy/paste interesting vehicles instead of ones that are already available in every tech tree

Hard no from me. France has many of its own domestic vehicles it can recieve. Its already bad enough that french vehicles are being sidelined for copy and paste, we don’t need more. Also takes away from Britain.

3 Likes

Wouldnt the headlamp issue mean that the UK scimitars are modelled wrong too though? AFAIK all the scimitars in the 90s had the Diesel engine pack?

also +1 to snowplow!