Submarines - WT Discussion

Indeed the French submarine TT would totally be fine from first ranks to last ones :)

But i’m still full of fear than France don’t start sub on the same times as the other, and stay always way behind, like it’s the case for the navy now…

1 Like

Ah well. That’s not up to us now is it. Let’s not jump the gun anyway. Subs aren’t even implemented outside of the event yet.

Can´t wait for K-class submarine.

surface – up to 22.5 [knots] (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)
submerged – 10 knots (19 km/h; 12 mph)

6 × bow torpedo tubes
2 × stern torpedo tubes
2 × external stern torpedo tubes (24 torpedoes)
2 × 100 mm (4 in) guns
2 × 45 mm (1.8 in) guns
20 × mines

4 Likes

Le Mariotte

Funny shape, quite speedy submerged for the time (service in 1913)

Surface 26.4 km/h,
Submerged 21.5 km/h

4 x bow torp tubes
2 x stern torp tubes

For a reserve sub perhaps :p

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the post war/cold war submarines for example the Whiskey class.

4 Likes

Me for Alpha class but it will be probably in far future.

To begin with, of course, WW2 submarines and early Cold War submarines.

4 Likes

Alfa would be even more lovely than the Whiskey class.

1 Like

Papa class for the sweet 44 knots underwater

(passive sonars would detect that far, far away though X))

2 Likes

With such a speed, I think it won’t matter that enemy sonars will detect it if they cant catch it :D

true but it won’t be able to fire back either X)

It have 10 guided missiles P-70 with 65-70km range which can launch from 30m depth. xD-

There is absolutely no need to be close to enemy ships. Theoretically, anti-submarine helicopters and planes can be a threat, but I assume that there will be always a ship with anti-aircraft missiles nearby. We already have Braviy in the game, which can effectively shoot down planes at a distance of +10km.

2 Likes

I dont know if its already been said as there are a ton of replies, and besides needs to be said again anyway, the biggest issue with subs is going to be diving then going silent and sitting on the cap making it impossible to uncap or recap unless there is a boat with depth charges or a plane with decent sized bombs, unless of course the cap point doesn’t extend underwater forcing subs to surface to cap.

if subs are added, i’m willing to bet this is exactly what they are going to do (or at leat i hope)

otherwise it would be really busted, the cap with ships using recon props was bad enough X)

wait isn’t that a borei ?

agreed

but if you are going too fast, you become essentially blind, since your passive sonar won’t pick anything

the crew aboard the k222 (papa class) reported noises over 100DB in the CIC while going 35+ knots during its sea trials (it’s basically the noise made by an helicopter, for reference)

but for the lols or just to escape a torpedo on your 6 it would still be pretty cool, not gonna lie

1 Like

Both of these are actually already in WT Mobile - just like the Type 7 sub from the Battle of the Atlantic event was. As things stand, they’re some of the most likely submarines we could be seeing in future.

With performance like that, she could easily stand at the top w/ the advanced fast subs of WW2 - only constrained by her less-than-advanced torpedoes, barely !

The humble JDS Chikugo:

4 Likes

This can be quite a problem when detecting enemy submarines, but to detect a ship, you just need to sit in the periscope depth and you can see all the ships around. Except sonars it had also own search radar but idk how it works there.

1 Like

Definitely not.

Torps are only 450mm though, and i think it can’t dive that deep. I wouldn’t put it at reserve, but it’s not as advanced as a type VII for example.

All french subs are quite fast while submerged, but slow on the surface