Submarines - WT Discussion

The key problem is that present naval battles gameplay is ubcolutely boring broken and unvalanced.
We have a huge class of ships having poor artillery which sole purpose is ASW. Tgese ships
Wehave absolutely useless aircraft unable to survive engagement with capiral ships and destroyers full of AAA. Some of them even equipped with cold war era missiles.
As a result we have an autistic gameplay of grinding silver lions whike listening podcasts in the background which attracts few naval enthusiasts.

Submarines may bring some sense for plauing asw ships and aircraft. Not only braindead repeating of same matches again and again.

Didnt read the whole thread, but im sure it was agrgunent that subs have their serious limitstions as very slow speed

won’t be once I get a gato class! :)

2 Likes

Same but with the Amphion class

1 Like

So i don’t want to take things out of context, but it looks like they won’t be there for a while at least… (capture from steam WT’s forums)

Pretty sad to see if i’m being honest.

I wouldn’t bury subs just yet though. Devs could have decided to not transmit the information to the mods, or he could be refering to the current update

1 Like

We gotta get them at one point. It would diversifie gameplay. And be just awesome…

5 Likes

In which file can I find these texts?

For some reason ,the 11451’s sonar was named as “ammo rack”?
So we need to use shells to seach for submarines?

1 Like

Submarine found in “Moments of Valor: Brazil”
But will this mean anything?

3 Likes

They were in ship_spawn_template.blkx in the devserver versions, I don’t know if or where they were named as in the CDK mission editor or location editor.

The submarine in the aerial view looks like the " U-216 " because of the extended conning tower, which is a usermission vehicle by Polaska tyu. It was used in a short video on the Official Channel a couple of months ago, which lends authority to the idea that it might have been used again here.

The destroyed submarine in the following scene has many differences from the usermodel, so it 's much more likely that it 's a different visual model being used there.
It 's much more similar to the U995 that was present in last year 's event, but still has some differences when compared to my recovered CDK images wrt limber holes below the guardrail, visibility of weld lines and some other things:

It 's possible since I did not/do not use Ultra HD texpacks that those details were present at that time, and I simply missed out on them.

However it 's also possible that it 's a non-WT-usable model in it 's entirety, since all previous Moments of Valor trailers have included " vehicles " represented by digital movie props w/ varying levels of detail.

5 Likes

Ships are UHD by defult .There are no UHD texpacks for ships need to download.

1 Like

Here’s a realistic take.

Submarines have been in-progress for quite a while. The evidence for their implementation goes way back, back even before the new naval crew voices were added. It is entirely possible that the new additions (such as submarine spawns and aircraft depth charges) are simply a part of this long-term development.

@magazine2 speaks with authority here, of course, but that doesn’t make the recent additions any less real. Those spawn locations, those loadouts, the crew voices, et cetera, all point toward the eventual addition of submarines in the game. Maybe it’s not soon. Maybe it’s meant to be a surprise. But I think we can say it will happen at some point.

3 Likes

I think it will be within 6 months.

3 Likes

Mission accomplished. She said yes! Im engaged my fellow submarine enthusiasts. Thank you guy’s for all the good luck that you wished! Absolute chads.

9 Likes

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

On this tangent, I was wondering if you or anyone else here knows the proper terms/subvariant(?)/etc for these sorts of different U-Boat configuration. For example, in the movie Greyhound we see a bunch of Type VIIs (IIRC) and some have a longer conning tower area with more AA guns. Is there an actual term/variant/etc for these differences? It’s really hard to track down this sort of info without already knowing what you’re looking for.

Oh neat, I didn’t realize we had a specific ID.

1 Like

Congrats man, that’s awesome! I was hoping to hear good news! :)

2 Likes

The variants (Types) I mistly know of are:

Type VIIA. Original variant.

Type VIIB. Second variant, now the Type VII has a stern torpedo tube.

Type VIIC. The workhorse of the Kriegsmarine. Somewhere in the 500s were built and commissioned until 1945.
Subversion was the Type VIIC/41, which gad much improvements, including better anti air armament, thicker skin for deeper diving and some had radar, schnorkel and more. (The Type VIIC/41 us also my personal favourite). 91 were built, U-995 is the only surviving Type VIIC/41 (also the only one of the Type VII family)
Another subvariant of the Type VIIC was the Type VIIC/42, over 100 were ordered, some were layed down, but those were cancelled in favour of the Type XXI. It would’ve been even more an improvement over the Type VIIC/41.

U-Flak. Type VII uboats modified to carry a boatload of Anti Air weaponry, including 2 × 2cm Flak Vierlings I believe. Could carry 5 pre-loaded torpedoes. Just a few were built/modified, but after some time most were reconverted into normal Type VII Uboats if I remember correctly.

Type VIID. Longer hull, 5 vertical tubes for minelaying, longer hull also resulted in more storage for fuel and food. Also retained the normal torpedo tubes.

And finally Type VIIF. This was the Supply version of the Type VII. It was longer and the heaviest variant of them all. Lacked the deck gun and retained the usual torpedo armament of the other Type VIIs, except for more torpedoes stored, which they could supply to other Uboats at sea when they expended their ammo.

I believe that’s all of the Type VII variants.

2 Likes

Congratulations mate!

2 Likes

The minelaying and Flak variants seem really cool.
13-hn-ma-revell-type-viid-german-minelayer-1-350

1 Like

Yeah, they really are

1 Like