Subject balance others nation: Petition to Equip Bison,Yak141,F20,J37D,SU39 with Fox 3 Missile example

I wanted to bring up something that I think could improve the balance and fun of War Thunder, especially in high-tier air battles. Right now, aircraft like the MiG-21 Bison, Yak-141, J37D, and F-20 Tigershark, Su-39 are struggling in their current BRs because they lack active radar missiles.

For example, the MiG-21 Bison, despite being a solid aircraft, really falls short when going up against jets like the Iranian F-14 armed with the Fakour-90, which can pull up to 20G, or even the F-20 with its AIM-120s. It’s tough to stay competitive when you’re up against these kinds of missiles, especially when the MiG-21 is limited to R-73s and R-27R1s, and only has 60 countermeasures to work with.

Given this, it would make a huge difference if the MiG-21 Bison could be equipped with the R-77 missile. The R-77’s range and agility would give it a fighting chance in these matchups and help balance things out. The same goes for other planes like the Yak-141 and J37D, which would also benefit from having access to active radar missiles to compete effectively.

I get that adding these missiles might raise some balance concerns, so I’m open to the idea of adjusting the BRs of these planes if necessary—maybe bumping the MiG-21 Bison to 13.0 or 13.3, for instance. But the important thing is that these aircraft need the right tools to stay competitive, and right now, they’re missing out.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this. I think these changes could really enhance the experience for those of us who enjoy flying these planes and want to see them perform at their best.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

On top of that, we will soon have the JF-17 as a squadron vehicle, and it will have a similar BR with active radar missiles. If the MiG-21 Bison (Example) and the others get these upgrades, it would add more variety to this BR range and keep things fair across the board.

I understand there may be balance concerns, so I’m fine with adjusting the BRs if necessary, perhaps moving the MiG-21 Bison up to 13.0 or 13.3 (Example) But the important thing is that these planes get the tools they need to be competitive.

The changes :

The Sandjil missile was also improved in its G forces.

3 Likes

Honestly, I agree.
The J-37D used these missiles IRL and should have them ingame, no brainer right there.

On the top of the premiums having them, premiums are gonna get ARH eventually and it’s just a matter of time (looks at JF-17 which is a purchasable ARH capable vehicle available to all players), don’t see why we can’t give premium aircraft already capable of using ARH missiles their ARH missiles.
Expect maybe for the theoretical capability for the F-20A and Yak-141.
On that topic, I do believe the F-20A should receive the Aim-120A (with a little bias in me as an F-20 fan I’ll admit) since the plane was full intended to receive the missile, the radar was capable of guiding it, and it could be mounted. AFAIK all it needed was a software update to properly fire the missile.
For the Yak-141, I couldn’t tell ya. I’m sure it was planned, and I think I saw a pic of it mounted once, but that’s all I know about it. If it was intended to use it and carry them, then I think it’s a must add!

6 Likes

Also train your AI to post in the proper forum!

7 Likes

I don’t know how to “propose” well, and I don’t know English very well, friend, that’s why I got help from the AI, but it’s not on topic with the proposal. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Si quieres te respondo en español y no tengo drama.

1 Like

Welp…

1 Like

That’s not that good of proof.

It is most likely AI, or that AI was heavily used. The lack of acronyms, and the use of [word(acronym)] also makes it seem iffy.

And if it isn’t AI, sorry, and OP needs to write more concisely.

Every site I went to said it was AI, so I’m pretty damn sure, he also admitted to it.

I’d recommend writing it out in your native language, and then translating it to English using AI. I wouldn’t rely heavily on it to write out longer paragraphs.

5 Likes

Simply vote what you think about the fakour, they buffed it and it is hitting 91 km on the dev server and it has greater resistance to chaff. I would like them to talk about that and not something off topic

Cat’s out the bag with the J-F17 so I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

Utilice este sitio web y no parecerá IA, lo hará mucho más fácil para los angloparlantes y hará que su escritura fluya mejor.

Gracias

1 Like

We invite you to try the fakour 90 on the devserver, it hits super violently at a very long distance and now they improved it to 20g I even think they improved it in resistance to chaff and I agree with you the premiums should be more playable and have more options I was playing with the fakour 90 in top tier and it hit very well

The dual plane buff to the Fakour is awesome, but I don’t have the dev server anymore to test it out myself (it messed up my computer and forced my to uninstall both the dev server and normal game, and made me spend hours resetting keybinds, so not going through that again.)
The the Aim-54 also get this buff? Should be about 24.7Gs dual plane if it’s accurate iirc. Currently 17Gs on the live server.

El Aim54 no recibio esos cambios

The changes:

Friend analyze the proposal, do not look for something that obviously the creator of the proposal is not an English speaker, a little intelligence

It could do that before at higher altitudes.

More importantly, they buffed its AoA so that its similar to the Phoenix. I don’t really think the max Gs matter too much on the Phoenix and the F-90 as they’re limited by AoA.

They didn’t touch this I believe

Is it a big problem to use AI to write well in another language that is not your native language?

AIM54C would greatly need this buff as well, if the fakour gets it, the Phoenix should as well.