Su-39\Su-25T Khod thermal imager six months of searching

This is one of the best and most thorough posts I’ve seen on a niche topic on this forum. I would love to see this added to the outstanding and interesting Su-39. Have there been any more developments with this? Thanks for your efforts either way!

Wow that’s great research

81VViAL17rL.AC_UY1000

1 Like

Great post, hopefully this gets forwarded to developers

Already has. The answer was “we don’t want to add it”.

Only west can have thermals I guess, Su-39 is unusable in fog maps or low light

4 Likes

They gave ridiculous a ridiculous reason why it can’t be added, hopefully they still do include it on the aircraft at some point.

What was the reason lol

I’ll have to find it for you

The developer is not completely sure of the existence. Mentioning it in more than 10 sources is not enough for him.

They want a specific matrix model and other details. However, this information cannot be obtained.

1 Like

but there is real photos with khod or mercury

It could be a mockup. More importantly, multiple sources say that there were thermal imaging tests in 1991. There’s no way to test a mockup

1 Like

Photo Su-25TK. Aircraft number: 10 blue. Serial number: 25508101014. MAKS-1993.

Suspended is the very “strange container” which is the Mercury

1 Like

And here’s a Su-25T. License plate number: 10 blue. Serial number: 25508601014. “MosAeroShow-92”.

MTPS container “Khod”, which is labeled as such in all sources.

2 Likes

In addition to the above: The T8M-2 on which the Mercury was suspended for testing is one of the first two Su-25Ts. It can be easily identified by the painted cockpit to make the airplane look like a regular UB. This was only on the 1st and 2nd prototype (PHOTO 1).

Further it is the same with “Mercury” in 1989 in Brovary. Records from these tests are available on the Internet. Those very hits on tanks through the Shkval and shooting down Tu-16 with “Vikhr”. (PHOTO 2)

How can this container be a thermal imager “Khod”, if in 1989 the Hod was still being developed, its first tests were in 1991? Moreover, the T8M-2 was lost in 1990 (a year before the Khod tests) during the tests? And most importantly: in 1990, the Su-25T was adopted into service together with the Mercury system. Nothing else could have been tested on it. (PHOTO 3)

1 Like

At the same time, a T8TM-1 (converted from the very first T8M-1) was spotted by the “Khod” cotnainer. It can be seen by the number. The tests were in 1991. This is confirmed by several sources.

1 Like

since SM3 might be coming is any of those thermal pods possible for it?

The Su-25SM3’s Thermals are built in

For some reason hard evidence isn’t enough for them at times. Sometimes they even mark the evidence as “invalid” without giving a reason as to why.

Dealing with bugs as the player is hard, shouldn’t have to be that way.

1 Like

Built in SOLT-25 with thermals but pointing angles are small.

Check out these very obvious and simple reports I made.

Yet gaijin goes banana mode and refuses my reports.

Some people in the reporting section have some personal issues I think, and it’s affecting their work, or they don’t even properly read.

I am very mad that they refuse to add thermal pod for Su-25T/39, despite the research. They are unusable in night maps (the night vision pod is literally garbage) and in fog.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/jHfnbK4vlZ1Y

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/utCYTkm2Ih6E

1 Like