Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container

Gaijin can be weird about designations sometimes. The F-1 is also in this situation where it was made to be a strike aircraft yet it is just called a jet fighter in game.

It is nonsense. 2 missiles are nothing special than what any other 10.7 has

Let me remind you that A-10 late at 10.3 has 4 aim-9l. While this is the case, the Su-25t has no problems at 10.7

Why should he be good?
How many TV weapons does he have (the ability to destroy an anti-aircraft gun without being exposed to its fire)? 2. Most other aircraft have 4.

Tornado gr1, f-4e, f-16a.

What is his aiming station? Worst in the game! It is literally ten times worse in viewing angles and makes you fly to the target. And all your weapons are laser, which means you are forced to play in a kamikaze, and not fly at a huge angular speed, making anti-aircraft missile guidance almost impossible.

Does he have a thermal imager? No. In addition to him, literally everyone has thermal imagers. A-6 tram has it at 10.0.
Although he had a thermal imager in his life in the form of a prototype.

Its flight characteristics? Worst on 11.3. Any plane kills him in a dogfight in a maneuver, any anti-aircraft missile easily hits him, because he cannot go vertically up at 1300 kilometers per hour, like the F-16, F-14, tornado or even the Mig-27.

If you think that the number of missiles is the main indicator, then you do not understand anything in the game.
An aircraft can have at least 1000 missiles, but if it cannot realize even 4, because it is impossible to destroy an anti-aircraft vehicle if you have to fly directly at it to aim a missile.

1 Like

copy paste argument from the other threads i dont care anymore, you are dellusional

I am absolutely right. You are talking nonsense.

The Su-39 is not even capable of shooting down a helicopter with all-aspect missiles for 6 kilometers.

Those. Literally in tank battles, someone takes a helicopter and you have 0 chance of defeating it. Because a TY-90 will fly at you from 6 kilometers, while you are powerless, because you have no missiles.

So, you want a targettng pod to buff the ground power?

Probably coming, got to be patient (Sea Harrier FRS1 has been waiting 7 months for it to just get its accurate radar, gotta give them more than a month to add something like a targetting pod)

Want all its possible AAMs to make it “strong” in ARB?

Probably not. It wont be balanced for that, it will be balanced for GRB. They have already said that “Attackers wont be strong in air battles”

Trying to compare the F-14B with the Su-39 is like trying to compare the Jaguar Gr1 with the Mig-23. They are just 2 very different types of aircraft. Just because the F-14B can carry guided bombs, doesnt make it all that strong. Guided bombs are a pain to use and you are often quite vulnerable to SPAA fire.

Not everything will be as good as it should be initially. For the same reasons the Harrier Gr7 doesn’t have Sniper Targetting pod, a range of AGM-65s to choose from and Aim-9M, is for the same reason why the Su-39 doesnt have R-27R, R-73s or even probably the best AGMs it could carry, balance.

So use a Vikhr. Saw an Su-39 getting multiple kills in an SB match with Vikhrs, should be easy to do the same in GRB

use vikhers for gods sake against helis and every aircraft struggles against ty 90 that is not an argument, besides the SU 39 has one of the most robust airframes and eats a lot of damage

SU-39 cannot be strong A2A and A2G at the same time. You take either the radar and point the R-27 or take the thermal imager.

That’s what makes it balanced. You can’t have both at the same time.

I am laughing. You can’t safely launch Whirlwind because you have to look DIRECTLY AT THE TARGET AND FLY AT IT.

You will receive a TY-90 from 6 kilometers and the helicopter will go to the side until the missile hits you and your missiles lose control.

Su-39 is effective only when there is not a single helicopter, aircraft and anti-aircraft guns on the map.

But Su-39 with radar pod and R-27Rs could be a strong jet in ARB. You might not be able to run both, and for GRB that is relevant. But you wouldnt ever run a targeting pod in ARB.

You don’t understand anything about balance. In your opinion, the absence of something on the 11.7 harrier is a balance, and the presence of medium-range missiles and a 2nd generation thermal imager in the Mirage 2000-5f is a balance, although the difference is 0.3

Literally planes with a difference of 1 step, but the mirage gets a million advantages in all respects and does not get worse in any of them.

So like literally any other attack aircraft in game?

Never flown it, but appears to have limited precision weapons, mostly guided bombs, with the option of 2x Nords, which I dont think actaully hit that hard. So its got a comparible A2G loadout to that of the Torando Gr1, which is pretty underwhelming when compared to the Gr7 or Su-25T or Su-39

He has a full set of bombs and missiles and the best container for targeting them.
In addition, he is able to be almost invulnerable against anti-aircraft vehicles due to his enormous maneuverability.

This is the best A2G aircraft in the game. You show complete incompetence by evaluating the strength of an aircraft by the number of missiles. Then the strongest is phantom 2 with 24 bombs. That’s 24 guaranteed kills, isn’t it?

Su-39 and Su-25t, in turn, must fly at the target for 20-30 seconds, accompanying the missile, which means that you are ALWAYS in the zone of destruction of anti-aircraft missiles flying directly at them without the possibility of maneuvering.

I’m so tired of couch experts who compare planes only by the card in the game.

1 Like

then just stop pushing the mattter again and again trough starting new threads that all just want to force your wish to give the su 39 stuff, and just post in one of the x others if you realy got a NEW GOOD argument for it and not sth that is sucked off x number of times at this point

If you nail 24 targets, maybe, depends on the target, i’ve direct hitted something with 2k of bombs, and barely scratched his paint.

If you think that 24 bonbs = 24 kills then you really dont know anything about CAS. Especially as it probably operates on twin release. so 2 bombs per press. So maybe 12 Targets.

24 bombs also tells me its the 500lb bombs, they dont hit that hard, meaning 2x direct hits would be needed to damage, if not kill a target. So that means either 12 extremely hard kills, more likely 3 or 4 by dropping multiple bombs per target.

That is a bit like me saying the Su-39 and Su-25T can carry 16 x Vikhrs, therefore 16 guranteed kills.

Nothing is invulnerable.

Targeting pods are all over the place, many are missing the right pods. Just got to be patient. shouting on here will do nothing to speed them up.

Might have a decent selection of weapons, but so does the Su-39. Guided bombs and PGMs are a pain to use and cant really be used against moving targets. And then can only take 2x Nords, which I dont think pack much of a punch. I.e direct hit isnt a guranteed kill.

I need to explain again that there is a difference between dropping a laser bomb or missile and immediately changing course upward from the ground flying at 1000+ kilometers per hour and following the missile at a huge angular velocity
and between stupidly flying straight at the target with no room to maneuver due to camera angles, making you literally a worthy target for everything on the map???

1 Like

My arguments are exhaustive. If you do not like them - goodbye to the topic.

Laser guided bombs are not fire and forget, you need to keep the target painted. You can move, but no more or less than the Su-39 for guiding a Vikhrs onto target. And if you want fire a forget, dont use the Vikhrs.