SU-122 - Why The Long Re-load?

Why does the Russian SU-122 have such a long re-load speed of 23.1 seconds. When you are waiting for the re-load it seems like an “eternity”. I can’t see how it would take that long. Do they take the empty shell out of the breech themselves, is it too hot, why don’t they wear gloves? Did Stalin have OCD so wanted every shell polished before it was put in the breech and fired? Why so long? I rekon you could load a 300 year old cannon just as quick under the pressure of war, or not much longer.

You have a 50lb projectile plus a seperate propellant charge weighing probably just as much. It takes two loading ‘actions’ to load these two part shells, leading to almost universal 15-20s load times across all vehicles in the game. Even the T32’s 90mm has a 14s reload.

The SU-122 is one of the best tank destroyers for its BR, i’m not sure what you are asking for. The thing has the engine power of a god and is one of the few tanks in the game that can regularly bounce shells off its ass. If your first shot doesn’t kill them, ram them and push them around the map. Nearly nothing can get off once you begin mr bones wild ride.

Now the ISUs… yeah those things need a bit of help.

2 Likes

22 seconds is glory, try to play KV-122 with 24-26 seconds reload

1 Like

KV-2 is at 43s I think.

1 Like

Strumtiger 60secs

And don’t know what you are debating the Sturmtiger has the slowest reload of any tank in game.

…and I thought mine was long.

Partly because it used an interrupted screw breech.