StuH 42 G Late all the new Tricks!

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

I would like to suggest a later version of the StuH 42 G allready in game. The in Game StuH 42 G is of an earlyer basic type. With some weakpoints and general missing features that some unexperienced people will miss when they look at it and pretty much only know from pictures or perhaps books and videos.

But not only that, some new features, that wont really (with some exceptions of course) change the ballancing and would add a vehicle that is a bit better and can be foldered with the in game StuH 42 G.
These new features are, not limited to:

• Solid frontal 80mm armor instead of the 50+30mm Bolted or weldet with gaps inbetween. (For hull and superstructure.

• Welded steel plates or steel sheet with concrete (x0.35 armor modifier) filling as a shell deflector in front of the Cupolar.

• Cast steel rounded and angled Saukopfblende instead of the 50mm or 50+30mm Gun shield.

• Removal of the muzzle brake (The muzzle break was not needed for the max (6th) charge, except the Fern Ladung for the F.H.Gr. Fern, but instead enabeling the use of the (Optional as its a bit stronger than the Heat) 10,5 / 7,5 cm Pzgr. Ts (7,5 cm Apcbc 7,7 to 6,4 kg (flight weight) 17g Pent 765 m/s 138mm/10m)

• Like the Pz IV Ausf. H in game T-34 Tracts as add on armor (its wider) as well as normal tracts

• Concrete on the front as well as over the tracts (the pins can be seen through the concrete) around 2-20 cm

• Coaxial Mg 34

• Rundumfeuer Mg 34

• Nahverteidigungswaffe

• One Part ammo for increased loading. (However such is subject to ballancing and may only change the ammo module)

• Optional additional:
    10,5 / 8,8 cm Pzgr Ts Apcbc 10,73 kg > 10,5 kg 0,059 kg filler 620 m/s 123mm/10m
    10,5 / 8,8 cm Pzgr Ts mbs (Mündungsbrensensicher) (with Muzzle break then) Apcbc 10,73 kg > 10,5 kg 0,059 kg filler 660m/s 134mm/10m

The 2nd and 3rd Pic are from the same vehicle with 1 piece armore, concrete and T 34 as well as normal track armor, however with muzzle brake which is optional in the first place. Also at the side Sponsen is concrete and Tracks protecting the sides themselfs

Concrete is allready found in game and has an modifier of 0.35x (so 20mm thick slap offers protection of 7mm, not much but will offer more against smaller guns (around 37mm) as well as give more protection against chemical rounds).

Pictures:

Spoiler

01_StuH-42_Org-15_930-487
Here on the angled front over the Driver through the concrete

Here the tracks at the front can be seen through the concrete
stuh_42_ammo

Stats of the StuH:

Armour Front (Slope angle) Sides Rear (Slope angle) Roof
Hull 30 mm (86°), 80 mm (50°) Front glacis
80 mm (19°) Lower glacis 30 + 5 mm 30 mm (77°) Tlop
50 mm (15-42°) Middle
50 mm Bottom 16 mm
Superstructure 80 mm (10-11°), 30 mm (50-69°) 30 (9°) + 5 mm Left
30 (11°) + 5 mm Right 30 mm 11 mm
Cupola 30-50+ mm 50 mm 30-50+ mm 17 mm

The Gun:
10,5 cm StuH 42 L/28

Pzgr. Aphe 14 kg 480 m/s 238g (304,64g aquivalent) filler 72mm/10m

Pzgr. Rot Apcbc 15,56 kg 470 m/s 250g (357,5g) 84mm/10m

F.H. Gr. He 14,81 kg 472 m/s 1,75 kg filler Fp.02 und Np.10 (2,24 kg TnTa)

Gr. 39 Rot Hl/B Heat 12,35 kg 495 m/s 2,53 kg filler aquivalent 105mm/all

Gr. 39 Rot Hl/C Heat 12,35 kg 495 m/s 2,53 kg filler aquivalent 115mm/all

F.H.Gr. F He 14,81 kg 540 m/s 2,21 kg filler Fp.02 und Np.10 (2,83 kg TnTa)

F.H. Gr. Nb. Smoke 14 kg 480 m/s 50g smokestuff dont expect much

And optionally

10,5 / 7,5 cm Pzgr. 39 TS ApcbcDS 6,4 kg 765 m/s 17g H.10 138mm/10m

Source:
Sturmgeschütze: Armoured Assault Guns
Hitlers Panzer: The Complete History 1933-1945
German Assault Guns and Tank Destroyers 1940-1945
RH 8/v. 854
Munition der 10,5 cm LeFH 18
2C7 Perforation of Armor by German Projectiles

3 Likes

would be fun with the concrete, added armour and the new features, especially the 138mm pen shell

1 Like

I love it! I wonder how concrete would be modeled as armor. It’d need a whole new category with its own modifier and physics. +1

Concrete is allready in game, it also has allready an armor multiplicator, tho i forgot how much it is, but it should be on the wiki, i will add it later to the suggestion when i have time.

1 Like

Oh wow! I didn’t realize. Interesting!

It has 0,35x kinetic protection so 20mm will be about 7mm actual protection, not including Projectile undermatch and chemical protection.

2 Likes

Why are they allowing duplicate topics now? This has already been suggested in a far more detailed manner by me and Chomusuke:

Idk, i was faster? If you got such important additions post it here otherwise i think i got the most important ones from a game play perspective.

You certainly did not. Mine was specifically for a Sep 1944 peak of production example with late features such as:

Solid 80 mm frontal hull armor
Zimmerit
Cupola armored deflector
Steel rollers
Improved tracks
Rundumsfeuer MG 34
Nahverteidigungswaffe
Solid 80 mm frontal superstructure armor
Muzzle break removed
One-piece ammunition
Treibspiegel-Geschoss ammunition
Main weapon travel lock
Strengthened final drive
Co-axial MG 34
Pilze for 2 ton crane

You shouldn’t have made this poor suggestion if you aren’t proficient on the vehicle changes. You sir deliberately sabotaged any chance of getting a specific Sep 1944 example with your substandard, generic, plagiarized topic featuring a medley of miscellaneous StuH 42 images equipped WITH muzzle break, two piece rounds, no coaxial/rundumsfeuer MG, bolted superstructure armor, & no Nahverteidigungswaffe. Bravo

From what i have seen you posted was often nice and informative, but you dont need to become offencive.
While i did indeed not post all those things, i did write most, especially, as i sayed from a gameplay perspecive.
I wrote the cupola deflector, solid armor, Pzgr. Ts.
Such stuff like the Pilze for the 2 ton crane do not change the in game performance, nor does the strenghtened final drive.
I also wrote that, if you have important stuff to add, you may do so. Here you have the feature of adding information and your opinion in form of a comment.
But you seem to prefer insulting.
And the pictures i have choosen are not fixed to the vehicle, pictures tell 1000 words, they only underline the possibilitys. Feel free to post more.
Otherwise thank you for making a little list, ill add some to the suggestion.
Oh and your accusation of plagiarization is unfounded and unreasonable. You should never false accuse someone of such.

1 Like

Updated Ammo List. New Info and Pics.

Then just label yours as a late production model, no need to get so hurt over something like this

2 Likes