State of Type 93

I’m confused about your first point. The official outline very clearly states the “SAM-3 launcher can simultaneously acquire and track multiple targets within the launcher’s field of view by visible or infrared imaging”. To my knowledge the SAM-3 is a 100% self-contained system and can perform all the actions stated in the outline without any support from other vehicles. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

1 Like

What ASD was referring to was that the Type 93 itself lacks an IRST sensor like the Ozelot has where it’s a rotating ball scanning for thermal signatures.

The Type 93 meanwhile technically doesn’t have a IRST because it doesn’t have a Search function, it would only have a tracking function. However, the article does list that it can acquire and track multiple targets within the launchers FoV, which is to say it can search within it’s tracking vision and hold multiple locks.

As far as I understand it, that is more of an advanced tracking function than it is an independent IR search option, but I wouldn’t doubt the vehicle has the ability to do it given how large the optical opening is in the first place.

2 Likes

Ahhh okay I see my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up!

I just hope they can at least fix the gimped missile performance or at least equalize it between the manpads because it’s just getting a bit silly at this point.

The Type 91, even though it is supposed to be just as advanced as a seeker as the FIM-92’s in game, feels to usually have a 1-2km shorter lock range compared to it, doesn’t seem to handle as well in flight, etc. About the only benefit to the Type 91 missile is that it has more explosive mass than the 92’s, however, I still have something like the Alouette eat 3 missiles to it’s unarmored pilots because of how the game does the damage yet.

Even in Shooting Range Type 93 struggles to hit FLYING IN STRAIGHT LINE planes.

First I couldn’t lock on to the german starter helicopter from 2km out!. IT’S NOT EVEN AN ADVANCE HELICOPTER. then when I finally lock I shoot 3 missiles at him and guess what?
OIL TANK DAMAGE 3 TIMES!. This game makes laugh how badly manpad missiles are modeled. the Type 91 in particular is considered a 4th-generation MANPAD system yet in game it struggles to lock on to a helicopter from the 1950s!!!. and then I deal no damage

Seriously what are they doing this thing should be able to lock him regardless from full lock range and kill it in one shot. How in the world is a missile system designed to shoot down helicopters not able to do its one job?

And still no word or progress from gaijin as to why they are modeled this bad and perform as is.

2 Likes

here is the clip look how ridiculous this is. sorry for low quality.

1 Like

Not found.

Fixed thanks 07

I’ve also experienced the Alouette eating 3 manpads before dying… Truly unbelievable.

3 Likes

Welp the US is getting the MIM-72 Chaparral. Hoping we see something good for japan tomorrow 🙏

2 Likes

looking at the trailer more likely a hopium.

Yea 😔

3 Likes

In the comments of the devblog for the TO-55 they have said Japan isn’t getting a new SPAA this update.

Devblog screenshot

That’s not necessarily them saying there won’t be one this update or upgrades for Type 93.

Just that it’s taking them a while longer than usual.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, not many to choose. (whole unrelated to nation sub-tree in this patch)

Wow what a surprise, so unexpected
If you guys want to know if anything good is going to be added to japan I advise you to remember this perfect quote that opened my eyes about state of tech tree when I first seen it
Top comment Will japan get a better anti-air

As expected, the most fresh nation in the game gets top tier spaa before Japan. And all we get is a 3.3 tiny boat nobody cares about, bonus points for how generic it is.
So Lucky we didnt get a 1920’s car armed with a few pistols instead.

didnt they atleast say the thing for japanese ground “wasnt ready yet”

“Wasnt ready yet” 99% means it doesnt need tests because it is another poor copy-paste without anything worthy

1 Like