Squadron Vehicles: F-5E FCU

F-16XL would be an awesome event vehicle.

Finally an actual CAS option for Japan is cool, depends what BR it is tho, probably above BR 11 which prevents it from actually being used where it is needed and solve nothing.

Do you think the XL can out preform the block 15 in a dogfight. It should have great handling in low speed maneuver but can’t hold energy.

1 Like

F-5E with all aspects?

Depending on the BR this is gonna make downtiers a survival horror.

Who cares it’s a cool plane and Thai politics are not relevant to the air craft.

From what I’ve read (admittedly, not much) it should have a better climb rate and speed but otherwise be fairly comparable to (or even worse than) an F-16A. Logically I think it would perform like the other delta wing aircraft: probably slightly worse low-end acceleration but better at quickly draining speed to make for tighter turns (at the cost of worse sustained turn rate). However, the F-16 is already very strong at doing that when you deploy air brakes, so I am not sure how much better it would be in practice, if at all.

So to answer your question- maybe? The F-16XL probably has an initial advantage in turn-fights that will quickly be lost.

invader-zim-mighty-need

For Italy Portuguese G.91R/3 which could carry sidewinders would be nice or one of their export variants of subsonic jet attackers/advanced trainers can be added as a squadron vehicle. Also they can add something from Romania (like Sniper or IAR.93MB).

I really don’t like this trend of adding vehicles from nations that are not connected to the primary nation in any meaningful way, but this is a major W for both Gaijin and Japanese aviation. No more having to grind with the absolutely garbage rank 6 jets.

Thailand has military contracts with Japanese auto manufacturers.

3 Likes

We are not getting a Korean Sub tree, yes this is a video game. But the high chance of it happening is none existent.

2 Likes

Oh god please give me my sexier su 25. Just imagine, a sleek and sexy iar 93 in game.

1 Like

Historically they were Japan’s only “Ally”

Are you ok?. How about doing your research and figure how many C&P vehicles there are, that are in the game that are not variants? Then count how many are not in the game.

Then count how many C&P there is in the Warlord Chinese Tech tree in the game cause a majority of those vehicles were used by more than just the predecessor to the CCP.

That is not a meaningful military connection.

1 Like

It is when Japan’s constitution forbids anything more.
Japan would export more if they legally could.

So …
Are they going to add ASEAN to the JP subtree? Interesting.

1 Like

I meant more like a military alliance, or a vehicle that Japan and another nation used…

Is the AIM-9P4 going to get counter-flare logic?

• The AIM-9P4’s onboard logic includes algorithms specifically designed to counter decoy flares.
  • When encountering flares, the missile’s seeker adjusts its tracking behavior to minimize the impact of the countermeasures.
  • This counter-flare logic helps maintain target lock and increases the missile’s chances of hitting the intended aircraft.
2 Likes

With this I doubt the f5 will be bellow 11.7. Which I think it will perform ok at but I know it won’t be great. Although this is gaijin and it’s a squadron vehicle so it may well start off at or be moved down to 11.0 due to the amount of people with access to it. I think it should probably be 11.3 with python 3s and 45 flares in an f5 frame. Playing it fast and getting rid of your missiles quickly would be best but the lack of flares will really hamper it sticking around for any longer than 5minutes.