Spike ATGMs Suck, and So Will the PUMA Spike Upgrade

It cant be that hard, there are man portable version of the spike, even spike LR / ER have been seen on portable platforms.

Along with marking specific portions of a vehicle to lock on to, this should happen to Helicopter sights too.
On any TV sight, or even optical, when locking onto a target using stabilization, it centers the target entirely and THEN you can move your crosshair.

1 Like

They’ve never made any statement on the Puma with Spikes, apart from “it won’t be implemented now

Something like that would be good but it still suffers from the same 2/3 issue, you just don’t notice it because only planes / helis get that kind of targeting and they dont often have terrain in the way.

If people complain enough maybe they will give a promise for a PUMA with spikes, just like the Leopard.

2 Likes

I know they do, and they also drag towards other tanks / destroyed vehicles. That’s why I’m saying they should have that direct-lase feature

2 Likes

I mainly just want them to maybe give lynx a lower BR, actually fix the LR-2, give them more missiles and fix the launch angle.

2 Likes

I found another source, now i have 4 for spike LR-2

I don’t see anything in that

Unless you were refering to the amount the KF-41 can carry. I havent looked at that.

1 Like

More like entire game need to be rework

1 Like

According to an info table from back when Puma was being pitched to Hungary, it was listed as having 2 ready-2-fire Spikes as well as 2 in reserve:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/845998529355972638/1092142272537182208/unknown.png?ex=65170cc0&is=6515bb40&hm=0f0969a3e97325b4a45ae3fd709675e0f5de42839c838bcc324ce3c6127b4fef&=&width=467&height=882

3 Likes

It should have the system like the Tor-M1 and Pantsir where you’re allowed to change the missile’s characteristics. For example the spaa mentioned you can have the missile go in front of the aircraft, near the aircraft, or directly impact the aircraft. With the Spike missiles you should be allowed to change the missile’s flight trajectory from either top attack or direct attack.

1 Like

I remember i saw someone say something that the KF41 had 2 in the launcher and 3 in reserve. Not sure where or when though. Is there any source for the KF41 there too or no?

I thought you had meant “now i have 4 for spike LR-2” as in you’ve found information on the KF41 carrying 4 Spikes. Sorry.

1 Like

Oh xD, no worries.

1 Like

Whelp, I guess it may be time to bring this back with the Vilkas in-game lol

1 Like

My only major gripe with spikes is that it can’t lock a target unless 2/3 of it is visible, which is frustrating. If a tank is hull down and most of its turret is visible, then it should lock regardless.

1 Like

Gaijin will not care at all.

“Spike is bad”
-Source: Gaijin

Every other source even the manufacturer itself: not a reliable source

5 Likes

would make sense taking in consideration it has 4 spots inside 2 for the spikes and 2 for RPG’s for the infantryman