South Korean Ground Forces Tech Tree

In my opinion when it comes to a United Korean tree I’d probably have the tree as is and have NK be a single branch subtree inside of SK. The amount of unique vehicles they have that would make sense to be added to the game is pretty low, and I believe they’d just do best to flesh out the air tree, and maybe add a bit to the ground tree. I however cannot see them being integrated into the tree fully.

Its like saying that France should be a subtree of Germany because in the end they are both European. And yes, there is history and some bad blood between Japan and Korea.

8 Likes

check this

5 Likes

if anything the china situation in war thunder is even more proof to just make a united korean TT.

especially since NK vehicles which are based on russian tech don’t exactly not fit in since korea absorbed a craptonne of soviet tech following the collapse of the USSR due to soviet debt to SK.
a shining example of this is the fact that we have a armored brigade consisting of purely russian vehicles, which includes BMP-3’s and T80-U’s

2 Likes

An independent SK no it won’t work too small BR’s, not enough content over time and their air tree is way to small like at max one fighter line

At most 3 per rank and mostly C&P untill at the very top. As a united tree I guess I’m ok with as it solves most of the issues I listed but yea not as a independent tree.

1 Like

What part of this tree is copy paste other than 3 vehicles lol

2 Likes

If you read properly I was on about the air tree

South korea should go to Japan as a subtree.
North korea should go to China as a subtree.

17 Likes

Pakistan would suit China better as a sub-tree.
DPRK has more Soviet derived equipment than Chinese, so another solution would be required than having them be a sub-tree for China.

4 Likes

Revisiting the discussion, but one major issue I can think of when it comes to a unified tech tree is simulator battles.

As it is right now, simulator battles are separated strictly by an alliance-based match making system. [ EG : Allies vs. Axis, NATO vs. Warsaw, NATO vs. Russia/China. ] If a Unified Korean tech tree were to be added, where would they stand in the Cold War match making? With this question in mind, the game doesn’t support a simulator split-Nation match up. [ EG : Germany vs. Germany, Russia vs. Russia, USA vs USA, etc. ] It’s either Pre-Cold War alliance match up or Post-Cold War alliance match up.

3 Likes

ROC is still part of PRC tree with the latter still only having one side in these sim battles. A United Korea would just be added to the side if west or east depending on what nation forms a bigger basis of the tree (that is my expectation).

Regardless, in sim battles there is practically no historical accuracy with the vehicle selection, so I don’t think Gaijin would see a United Korea as a problem because of this too.

1 Like

Are you ready?

(image source unknown content unverified)

3 Likes

Hype, makes so much more sense then combining the koreas or adding south korea to usa.

1 Like

It has been shot down by smin, calm down.

9 Likes

why would you add A tonn of vehicles to one of the biggest tech trees? Moreover, Japan and SK are really good allies and partners

7 Likes

AGREE 10000%
Japan is perfect place for korea

9 Likes

Kinda sad, Japan could use some love and I would actually sell T-80UM2 just to buy Type 16FPS to grind for K2.

2 Likes

No - we should have 1 korean tree with two sides - south and north - we could start it pretty early - the Korean War used lots of late/mid ww2 equipment like shermans and T-34s. South Korea has many American tanks as well as their own - the K2 Black Panther would defintely be a powerful tank - however i believe that while both Korea’s have copy and paste tanks, the North has more variety - they start off with copy and paste but over the years they develop new vehicles - the Chonma ho and Pokpong ho would be really cool to play - South korea (LITTLE KNOWN FACT) has T-90s. No, this is not clickbait - after cold war the South and Russia grew better relations and Russia paid South Korean Aid by giving them weapons to use. Among them were T-90s

5 Likes

I honestly don’t care how would it be introduced, but I must admit that giving those vehicles to the Japanese tree would surely save us from people complaining (rightuflly) about it being mostly copy paste. When it comes to T-90’s, no SK doesn’t have those, they have T-80U’s which Russia suppield (alongside BMP-3’s) as a payment for the loans from Soviet times.

Pic below

6 Likes

The addition of South Korea in Japan will create more complaints then an Unified Korean Tree and more then the Taiwan complains that were simple about a flag. Japan however has an alternative which makes more sense.

Also unfortunately some players have no interest to look at the differences between the vehicles and instantly assume it’s a copy with even some using wiki as source to try and validate their claim when clearly the Tree has 75% unique/modified vehicles.

6 Likes