Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Well, the hidden gem is that GJ has greatly improved the flight performance of the F16A models. They historically are the best performing F16s in terms of turn capability. They are now the high alpha, energy retaining fighters they were originally designed to be. Making the Japanese F16AJ the most agile variant with Sparrow capability in all of WT this patch.

It’s nice to hear that the 16A is performing the way it should be, maybe I’ll have fun at top tier if I ever get there. As it stands, I have no inclanation to rush for top tier, nor care for top tier in general lol

Top tier just feels like a point-and-click adventure to me with the amount of missiles everywhere, and it takes away the skill of engaging an enemy player.

But to stay on topic of the forum, is there any credence to the Ki-148 I spotted in one of the leak lists from Pt. 1? It’d be interesting to see some guided WWII munitions for JP.

Top tier requires a high degree of calculating positioning, knowing your fighter’s performance capability, such as climb, thrust to weight and alpha. Not only that, but you must also know your radars capability. Such as ranges and radar modes are best for the situation and how to use that in conjunction with you radar missiles. You also have to calculate your opponent’s capability as well. You also have to know how to defeat each type of missile the different ways each is defeated.

Top tier takes a tremendous more skill to play in an environment saturated with close range and long-range threats beyond visual range. Everything you encounter in lower tiers in terms of aerial combat is found at top tier. Top tier just has 10x more threats to throw at you. You do not even have to calculate your fighters fuel consumption and range at lower tiers lol.

I am on topic btw. The F16AJ is getting a better FM this patch. You mean to stay on your topic? oh I can care less about a plane with a piston driven engine. So I wouldn’t know lol.

3 Likes

Dawg, top tier is not that complex, don’t even pretend.

1 Like

It sure is 10x more complex than low tier LMFAO

Just guns bro! and every plane is slightly different than the next.

You don’t even have to calculate fuel consumption!

2 Likes

Absolutely deranged post
Man has completely lost it

1 Like

Well there’s a flavor for everyone, I just prefer the straightforward nature of low tier air combat. The only threat I have to worry about is the one in my gunsight, not some rocket powered arrow coming at me from the other side of the map.

But no, I just meant to stay on topic of the forum in general, not necessarily you or me specifically. Figured I’d link back to something I saw in Part 1 lol

1 Like

Hang on Pikachu.

What did I say was untrue?

All of it lmao
All top tier is is just missile button flare button. Way more complex needing to know the flight characteristics of prop planes.

1 Like

After the missile stage, you are back to fighting like low tier, exept you have to be aware of fuel and space plebs

1 Like

In 10.3 or 10.7, yeah. I’ve never had a top tier match last long enough for that. By the time the missile stage is over one team has completely wiped the other. It’s so boring.

You still need to know the flight characteristics of your aircraft and that of the opponents just as much as low tiers lol.
Actually more, you need to have a higher degree of situational awareness in an environment rich with threats coming from close range and long range of different types. Radar and IR. In which there is a skill one must have in defeating. You cannot defeat certain missiles with just popping flares or chaff alone lol.

Top tier is tremendously more taxing and complex than low tier.

I am sorry it’s just a fact.

4 Likes

Then you get sad matches, cause i see plenty of times where guns can be used and where they do get used

yawn sorry, what was that? I couldn’t hear you over this “invigorating” missile “gameplay”.

It does not matter if it’s boring to you, or if the matches are too fast. It is still undeniably more complex than low tiers and piston driven fighters.

1 Like

Luck you I guess. I keep researching top tier jets only to leave disappointed because missile gameplay sucks so hard and matches never make it past that part for me.

It’s gonna get even nuttier with the R-73s if I’ve been understanding everything these past couple days.

I’m glad the people who want it are getting it, I’m sure people have wanted it for years. But that just sounds so unfun.

You’re like the Japanese Admirals that were too stubborn to believe the age of the battleship would ever die and be replaced with the carrier strike group and would Banzai charge their ships into certain death with no strategic or tactical value in WWII lol.

I wouldn’t say that per say, he’s like me; Just prefers the straightforward nature of low tier lol

Is there anything this update you’re definitely hyped for?

1 Like