Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

If there’s no reward for shooting down incoming missiles, nobody’s going to do it unless it’s a missile coming for them.

1 Like

Holy crap that ratio was insane

Today 's episode of the Shooting Range, by Gaijin Entertainment ( [Video] The Shooting Range #364 - News - War Thunder ) contains a reminder that the J-8F will be receiving it 's ARH MRAAM 's alongside similarily-armed aircraft for other nations sometime later.

There 's not much evidence for what those competitors might be yet. We’ve seen the unused R-77 loadout for the Yak-141, and heard that the Sea Harrier FA.2 is in the plans in a Q&A. Oliviia leaked the AIM-120A alongside the F-16MLU nd ADF just before the latter two appeared in the files, the missile itself still hasn’t turned up yet.

Beyond that there 's no concrete evidence, atleast that I’m aware of. Just another thing to stay on the lookout for later - and discuss once we have those actual solid rumours.

2 Likes

My best bet is R-77, AMRAAM and severely nerfed version of the PL-12 and Derby

1 Like

Derby is a city m8 not a missile : P

lmao
Jokes aside, the Derby is going to need a severe nerf to be balanced being a 2000’s missile

Those first two we’ve got solid sources on yes, and the PL-12 is stated to be coming later in the J-8F 's devblog. afaik we don’t have any kind of mention for Derby, apart from Bvvd saying that the ground-launched version SPYDER was too powerful in testing and wouldn’t be coming for awhile, during the devstream introducing the TOR-M1.

Since we’re already aware of the missiles which will likely be coming, my point was more abt how little we know abt what aircraft might be receiving them. It 's just the three I listed that ( afaik ) we have solid leads on, too early to say what else might be upgraded to have them - or be introduced w/ them.

The Ka-50 doesn’t have thermals, and mk1 eyeball from the air is hard.

Definitely a next year thing.

I wonder if they will give Israel the same AMRAAMs as other nations or opt in for a supernerfed derby

I wouldn’t say we have the information now to confidently state Israel would get MR ARH 's at all alongside the other initial recipients. Much less what those weapons would consist of.

Who is Bvvd? and is it a new trend to curse on him after dying? i have seen many player do it.(Genuine question not a troll comment)

1 Like

TLDR, Head Dev of war thunder. Pretty cool guy

1 Like

Tbh the derby with it’s 50km max range would be pretty balanced against early version of the AMRAAM (A or B)
While being more maneuvrable, (body inspired by the Python 4) than the AIM 120A or R77 , it’s would have the same maximum range as them. So it would be better at short range but the same at longuer range shot because it would run out of energy.
The PL12 on the other hand it more similar in capabilities to an early AIM-120C and would be better then early ARH.

So that’s why they curse on him

The thing is, Derby has much longer range than A/B AMRAAM since it is much more modern and has a much more powerful booster. However gaijin could do exactly that and make it good for short ranges while it can struggle at long ranges due to energy loss

Tbh I don’t understand why he gets so much hate. He’s just the head dev and tries to do his best organizing and having a pretty big team working under a very old game

1 Like

I agree

Okay apparently I was wrong, the AIM-120A/B have similar range to the Derby so it could make sense for the missile to be implemented in the way you mentioned (High maneuverability at closer ranges with worse performance compared to other missiles at longer ranges)