Someone Explain the M735 Nerf

M735 was already bad before.
Now it’s become unuseable.
Until it gets fixed there’s no point playing anything that uses it.

7 Likes

I think the XM-1 is the only thing that has it without also having access to the m774

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but due to M735s tear-drop design, they devs previously used the maximum possible diameter for it because it was simply easier, but that resulted in inflated performance (per Gaijin’s google doc for APFSDS; M735 used to be a 309x31mm projectile).

Right now they probably switched to using the average diameter hence the nerf rather than, as some people stated in this thread; " someone misread the numbers", or, “m735 is a composite penetrator”.

type 16 P and FPS as well

4 Likes

As explained on other thread there is actually 3 different versions of M735 which in this case gaijin took wrong versions of values and implemented it.

İts suppose to have better 60 degree penetration while keeping same or better 90 degree penetration.

1 Like

It’s a bit more complex than that…

The previous vertical pen values were based on the 31x309 dimensions being put through L-O, however, the 60-degree and higher angle values, were based on documents describing base XM735 performance.

Here’s the problem with that. Base XM735 used the same projectile/penetrator body as XM578e4/XM579e4, just a different fin assembly and sabot. It was still a jacketed penetrator, meaning it had a maraging steel outer jacket surrounding the class 4 tungsten alloy core. However, the tungsten alloy core of XM735/XM579e4 is 86mm shorter than the core of XM735e2/M735, and also 227 grams or about half a pound lighter.

2 Likes

Still goes through my entire tank with ease, don’t really see how this matters

If youre using a light tank maybe

1 Like

Ay, thanks for the explanation o7

But the funny part is that Their formula is wrong. And is NOT lanz like they say it is. All monoblocs have reduced 30 degree pen by in some cases 45mm or more. Do the calculations with M829A1
680x22 18600 1569mps. Its plate thicknes perforated should be like 538mm but its 505. Converting this to LOS is ~620mm, compared to 580.75mm which is 19mm LESS than the 0 degree penetration, which is of course false.

You know what nations turret fronts have shallow angle cheeks?

I tried making a bug report, then a suggestion report. And both were denied.

21 Likes

dude Type16 FPS will cry

6 Likes

Hope they change it back

It was stated somewhere that it was an incorrect source and it should get reverted soon

2 Likes

Been using it to kill T-tanks and 2A4s until I get to M774.
It can get the job done, you’ll still aim at the same weakspots of T-tanks, only problem are Leopards since their hull is much more resistant to it now.

1 Like

You should know by now that all US tanks has no armor or decent penetration on their rounds. Every US tank was made to be an urban brawler who has to flank to be able to pen anything. It doesn’t matter that they’ve had the largest military budget since WWI ended, theres no way they could have improved their ammunition enough to make a 105mm round that much better than a 90mm round in 20 years, clearly. Gaijin would never misrepresent US vehicles and how they perform compared to real life

10 Likes

The classic, us tanks just have to aim for weak spots in these tiny areas that are easily covered and impossible to hit if you have higher than 30 ping. It’s getting very tiresome having to do that throughout the entirety of the tree

4 Likes

Don’t forget during the 8.0 area “decompression” where all the US 8.0 tanks went up, their Russian counterparts in the same area went up as well but all got reload buffs for no reason

5 Likes

also remember the heatfs nerf was for everyone (even china, who uses 125mm heatfs) except russia. just something i thought was funny

11 Likes

yeah im going to grind Japan soon :(

1 Like

There are countless examples of this now and M735 is just the latest in this trend.

I have no faith at this point that M735 will be fixed in any way shape or form, no matter what gaijin reps state, they have consistently proven they have no credibility when it comes to the actual technical aspects of the equipment they are adding.

11 Likes