So where is the Tor M1 for Russia? (2.0)

as long as a nation used a vehicle i think they should jsut get them. especially when its already in the game.
kinda reminds me of the skyflash and how only sweden got it at first lmao. at least they fixed that one

1 Like

Again, I agree! No need to tell me twice.

Listen, I like the Sabre Dog a lot but the F-86D is gonna be ass to play even if they add the proxy fused FFARs to it. It just has a retractable bay with 24 of them.

Agreed on everything else except the gripen, sweden will get it but most likely when AMRAAMs come.

1 Like

I don’t care. Having the option would be nice, especially if it went TT. I don’t want to have to spend 100 dollars just to have the chance to play (F-89s should have been TT too but can’t win them all)

1 Like

We still have the F-89 H and J to add, hope is not lost

Pantsir isn’t better than the TOR-M1, that’s the problem.
It would be variety.

Pantsir-S1 is on paper better than TOR-M1 in these ways:
Missile has a 60% increase in range, 53% faster velocity and 12% larger trigger radius.
Pantsir-S1 has 50% more missiles in storage, 19% faster turret rotation (with aced crew) and MASSIVELY faster reload/fire rate of missiles.
Pantsir-S1 can self defence with guns for fast low flying jets, light tanks and SPAA (and some medium tanks with luck).
Pantsir-S1 has thermals.

Tor-M1 is better in these ways:
Missile can pull 31% more G’s.
Has TWS
that’s it.

3 Likes

You’re underselling the Tor M1, one of the best top tier SPAA with features such as:

• Massive unmissable smoke trail
  • IRST track that doesn’t give ranging information
  • No Thermals for mk 1 eyeball scanning
  • 3-6km deadzone around the launcher, it depends on which direction the missiles feel like going shortly after launching, if it’s not optimal for the target you’re tracking: unlucky
  • auto-lead compensation can be a help or a hinderance, great for straight flying targets, requires god-tier prediction and input for evasive targets

Almost as good as Stormer HVM and Type 93, with SPAA this good it’s like you don’t even need those rubbish Su-27 J-11 R-27ERs and TY-90 Helis.

The reason Russia got the Pantsir instead was stated by the devs: the Tor M1 was statistically performing almost as bad as the Tunguska despite players not having access to twin double barrel 30mm cannons and driving around the frontline as a makeshift IFV.

6 Likes

Give China a Pantsir equivalent whilst we are at it, how on Gods green blue navy yellow earth can you ask for the Tor-M1 whilst you got the Pantsir?

as long as a nation used a vehicle i think they should jsut get them

I’d have to disagree, if something provides a unfair advantage which other tech trees cant replicate then it has no place in War Thunder.

1 Like

This is more of the case of representation. Not gameplay value. There is several different distinct aspects than just gameplay.

ive made a pantsir equivelent suggestion, aka the closest thing china has that resembles a pantsir, however i dont think it will be added for some while

1 Like

Fair point.

1 Like

Realistically the Tunguska didn’t need to be replaced by anything. The SAM nerfs still affect plenty of top tier AA, with the exception of the ADATS variants (it’s not a SAM! It’s a ATGM that pulls Gs). It got replaced because God forbid people use it as an AA instead of an AT gun.

But that is just my opinion. I know plenty of people won’t agree, for a variety of reasons. So

4 Likes

Don’t know why you are underselling this point. It frontally kills MBTs with ease

The developers did say we’d get the TOR in the Soviet tech tree I believe during the dev stream, hopefully the Pantsir hasn’t disrupted that plan, which it very well may have, they could’ve just added the TOR-M2 if the TOR-M1 was so bad.

So a DOA suggestion since that won’t be better than ITO-90 and Pantsir.
We need CAS killing SPAA for all 10 tech trees, and none have any.

Gaijin just bypassed 3/4 of the US Korean war era jets and tech for no reason.

Where Falcons? Where Century Series? Where Sabre Dog?

3 Likes

Speaking of viable SPAAs, the other day when I was playing 10.3 I saw one guy first spawn a Japanese funny-looking truck, throughout the match he scored a total of 4 planes/heli kills until he also finally died to CAS, Type 81 iirc, don’t know. Is that thing good?

The fact that the usa only has 1 m48 when there were 6 major versions of the vehicle, and not even the definitive version at that (m48a3), is strange.

The m48, specifically the a3, is THE Vietnam War tank.

2 Likes

It’s good. Not 11.0 material. It has the unique benefit of photo contrast mode, which allows farther, better, and harder to break lock.